Chapter 31: Corpse Worm Pill

Han Li's mind was in disarray, filled with fear, regret, and confusion. Despite delaying until now, he still couldn't think of a way to escape. He felt a bit panicked.

After all, he was still very young and couldn't compare to the experienced Doctor Mo. His attempt to maintain a composed expression failed, as Doctor Mo noticed the subtle changes in his demeanor, exposing his inner turmoil.

"Do you think I'm intentionally slacking off and delaying progress in cultivation?" Han Li was stunned by this unexpected blow.

"Of course, do you really think I wouldn't see through your little tricks? It only took three years to complete the first three levels. Even if the fourth level is difficult, without the help of medicine, there should have been some progress within two years." Doctor Mo said coldly, his eyebrows furrowed with a menacing aura, seemingly displeased with Han Li's lack of progress.

"It seems no matter how I explain, Doctor Mo won't believe me." Han Li bitterly smiled inwardly, realizing that his concealed progress was the culprit behind the current situation. He had indeed dug his own grave by prematurely provoking Doctor Mo's outburst, uncovering all these mysteries. Whether it was right or wrong remained to be seen.

"No need to say anything more. I don't want to know whether your past actions were true or false. Just listen carefully, I only have one question for you now: Can you reach the fourth level of the Longevity Technique within another year?" Doctor Mo sneered, uttering the most crucial sentence of the day, his eyes fixed firmly on Han Li, waiting for his response.

Han Li was clear-headed, knowing that the answer to this question not only concerned Doctor Mo's life and death in another year, but also his own survival at the moment.

"You should be very clear in your heart that I cannot give you any other answer. Come, release my acupoints first." Han Li relaxed suddenly, his tone becoming lighter.

Upon hearing his words, Doctor Mo's expression softened slightly, with a hint of admiration in his eyes, but he did not move forward to release Han Li's acupoints. Instead, he cautiously took out a finely carved sandalwood box from his pocket.

"I don't trust you just by your words alone. What if you insist on playing tricks and refuse to cultivate seriously? What's the difference between now and before? For the sake of our lives, it's better to add an extra layer of insurance." He said ominously.

Carefully opening the lid of the box, a white pill lay quietly in the center.

Doctor Mo reached out and tapped Han Li's body to release his acupoints. Before Han Li could react, he handed the box to him.

"You're a clever person, there's no need for me to say more. You know what to do." Doctor Mo narrowed his eyes, his intentions unclear.

Han Li, moving his slightly numb limbs, reached out and took the sandalwood box without saying a word, using two fingers to pick up the pill from the box and swallow it directly without even looking at it, right in front of Doctor Mo.

"Very good! A wise man knows when to yield. As long as you help me restore my condition, I will definitely repay you generously. I won't deceive you with empty promises. Although there is a gap between us now, it's still possible to ensure your future wealth and glory." Doctor Mo clapped his hands several times, sincerely promising Han Li.

"Now you should tell me the effect of the pill, so I don't inadvertently violate taboos and lose my life." Han Li remained expressionless, showing no signs of being moved.

"Hehe, this pill is called the 'Corpse Worm Pill.' It's not really a medicine, but rather a kind of secret technique that cultivates the eggs of a certain worm. After you ingest it, it will lurk in your body for a year. You can rest assured, within this year, you will be absolutely safe and it won't interfere with anything else you do. After a year, as long as you take the specially formulated antidote, it will automatically dissolve without any hidden dangers. But if, after a year, you haven't taken the antidote, hehe! The eggs will absorb enough nutrients, hatch, and devour all the internal organs of your body, leaving you in unbearable pain for three days and nights before slowly dying." Doctor Mo casually described the pill's lethality, secretly warning Han Li.

Upon hearing the pill's viciousness, Han Li's body trembled slightly, his face becoming extremely unsightly, almost unable to control the anger in his heart. But Doctor Mo's killer move had only just been unleashed.

"By the way, I heard you have many relatives at home. I wonder if the silver you send back every month is enough? If it's not enough, feel free to ask me for help. I'm quite concerned about your relatives." Doctor Mo said solemnly, finally revealing his fangs, sinking them into Han Li's most vulnerable spot.

Han Li's face had turned iron-gray, unable to maintain the calm and serene state described in the books.

With his last bit of willpower, he bit down on his lip, afraid that he would blurt out curses or desperate pleas. He knew that no matter how much he begged or threatened, Doctor Mo wouldn't let go of this major leverage.

"Just rest assured, within a year, I will definitely reach the fourth level of the Longevity Technique." Han Li gritted his teeth and uttered the words slowly and deliberately, no longer hiding his hatred for Doctor Mo.

Under the naked threat, he could only temporarily submit. He couldn't reach the point of abandoning all family ties and disregarding the lives of his parents.