Chapter 54: Soul-locking Talisman

"Han Li, you really know when to yield and when to stand firm. But, do you think I would let you go?" The young-faced Mo Doctor's voice, surprisingly mellifluous, sent shivers down Han Li's spine.

He heard him speak Han Li's name directly for the first time. Although the news wasn't good, it made Han Li feel acknowledged, much better than being called "kid" all the time. Hence, his frustration lessened a bit.

From an external perspective, Mo Doctor now appeared flawless, with each movement exuding elegance. He was the epitome of a handsome man, miles away from his previous grizzled appearance. It seemed that his youthful appearance had probably captivated countless women in his prime.

"What do you intend to do with me? Just say it plainly." Han Li wasn't a woman, so he didn't feel obliged to be polite just because Mo Doctor was handsome. Moreover, there was no hint of mercy in Mo Doctor's words, so there was no need to pretend to be courteous.

"What do I intend to do? Hehe!" Mo Doctor stretched his limbs, then, with a smile, retrieved something from his pocket.

It was a silk bundle, shining brightly like fire, and every needle and thread on it looked exceptionally delicate. It was clearly not an ordinary item.

What could be inside the bundle? Would it be another strange object like the silver blades? Han Li momentarily forgot to question Mo Doctor, overwhelmed by curiosity.

Without making Han Li wait too long, Mo Doctor carefully unwrapped the bundle, revealing a crumpled piece of yellow paper inside.

Han Li seemed somewhat disappointed, but his heart skipped a beat. He knew that the less conspicuous something was, the more likely it had unexpected uses. Mo Doctor wouldn't just take out a piece of paper for no reason, especially after all the bizarre occurrences earlier. There had to be something significant about it.

Mo Doctor delicately pinched the yellow paper with two fingers and gently smoothed it out. Han Li scrutinized it closely. The paper wasn't large, about the size of a palm, and had been cut into a long strip. Its color was somewhat old, indicating it had seen many years.

The most striking feature was the silver symbols drawn on it, symbols Han Li had never seen before.

Yet, the moment he laid eyes on them, Han Li felt a mysterious force stirring within him, causing even his inner energy to stir uncontrollably. It was as if the symbols had awakened something within him, shocking Han Li to the core.

Han Li knew something wasn't right and focused intently on the symbols, hoping to decipher their mysteries.

The symbols twisted and turned, seemingly chaotic yet adhering to some hidden rules. But before Han Li could make sense of them, Mo Doctor approached, bending down to whisper in Han Li's ear.

"Han Li, don't blame me. I have no choice. It's time for you to reincarnate. I need to take over this body."

"What did you say? What do you mean?" Han Li was shocked by Mo Doctor's words, realizing that a fate worse than death was about to befall him.

He struggled desperately, hoping to reach for the few small items he still had on him. Maybe he could cause some chaos and have a chance to escape.

"Iron Slave, hold him down. Don't let him move," Mo Doctor commanded, and Han Li's final resistance was quashed. The massive hands of the Iron Slave pressed down on his shoulders, rendering him completely immobile.

Tiny beads of sweat formed on Han Li's face, dripping down from his temples. He widened his eyes, biting his lip hard as he watched Mo Doctor intently.

Mo Doctor held the yellow paper with two fingers, reciting an incantation in a solemn tone. As he did, the paper began to flutter without wind.

The silver symbols on it started to glow, emitting a mysterious silver light.

Though Han Li couldn't move his body, he could still see and hear everything. But as the last symbol lit up, he felt himself losing control of his body. Even his eyelids refused to close, leaving him completely conscious but unable to control his limbs. It was as if he were a stranger in his own body.

The sensation was different from being acupunctured. Though immobilized, he still retained sensation. Now, however, he was completely numb, unable to feel anything.

Han Li's panic grew as he realized that Mo Doctor was about to do something to him. Was this his end?

"Don't worry. You'll retain this body for just a short while longer," Mo Doctor murmured, as if speaking to himself.