Chapter 41: Leaving a Message at Night

Han Li didn't have much time to wait. In at most another four or five months, Master Mo would confront him completely, so he needed to have some self-defense capability before then.

So, he ultimately decided to only cultivate a few simple and quickly achievable secret techniques, putting the others aside for later. By doing this, he greatly shortened the time needed for cultivation, allowing himself to quickly master several secret techniques that were easy to learn.

Han Li was well aware that even if he mastered all these secret techniques, it didn't necessarily mean he would be a match for the other party. If Master Mo hadn't lied last time, given his previous prominent identity, there were likely many formidable and ruthless means that hadn't been revealed in the previous conflict. Even so, the thought of Master Mo's mysterious skills still sent shivers down Han Li's spine, and he harbored extreme apprehension towards him.

He knew that if he were to engage with Master Mo again, the only chance of winning lay in the other party underestimating him. Only when Master Mo was careless and negligent towards him could he seize the opportunity unexpectedly.

In the days that followed, Han Li memorized all the techniques from the Winking Sword Manual and selected several useful secret techniques for his current situation, starting to study them, trying to figure out an efficient way of cultivation.

After racking his brains for several days, he compiled a complete set of cultivation methods from the book. He was quite proud of his efficiency in completing such a tedious task in such a short time.

In the following half-month, Han Li dealt with all the trivial matters one by one, preparing himself thoroughly without leaving any worries behind.

First, he returned the original copy of the manual to Li Feiyu without any change on a certain day, and also told him about the encounter with the spy from the Wolf Gang. Of course, he also revealed the incident of exposing the identity of the kitchen steward.

After hearing this, Li Feiyu was indeed surprised and delighted, hugging his shoulders and repeatedly saying "good brother". He was deeply moved by Han Li's generous gift, not realizing that Han Li was busy with his own life and had no intention of catching spies. Han Li would not waste his energy on something that didn't directly benefit him, especially when he could gain favor with such little effort.

After dealing with Li Feiyu's matters, Han Li personally visited several skilled blacksmiths in the sect.

From them, he ordered several short swords with different styles, requesting some small modifications to be made secretly. In addition, some unnamed components with unknown purposes and a few delicate iron bells were also ordered to be completed as soon as possible. For this, Han Li spent a considerable amount of silver, which made him feel a little regretful.

A few days later, Han Li received the items he had ordered from the blacksmiths. Seeing the shiny short swords and delicate iron bells, he was very satisfied and praised the blacksmiths' craftsmanship repeatedly, feeling that his money was well spent.

On the night of that day, Han Li disappeared from his residence without a trace, leaving only a note on his bedside, which read:

"Master Mo, there's no need to worry or get angry. I'm not running away to hide, but I feel that staying in the same valley with you is too oppressive and not conducive to cultivating Spring Techniques. Therefore, I've decided to find another secluded place on the mountain to close-door cultivate. You can rest assured that I will return to meet you exactly four months from today.

Han Li pays respects

Leaning against the armchair, Master Mo held the note in his left hand, reading it carefully with a grim expression. On the table beside him lay another note, recording the order list that Han Li had handed to the blacksmith not long ago.

At this moment, apart from the "thud thud" sound of Master Mo lightly tapping the table with his right hand, there was no other sound in the room.

Suddenly, he snorted, and the paper in his hand turned into shreds, scattering all over the floor.

He rose restlessly, pacing the room with a furrowed brow, lost in thought. After a few rounds, he halted, muttering to himself, "You little rascal, though I'm not sure what trick you're up to, you won't escape my grasp, no matter what antics you try. I've got you figured out."

With that said, Master Mo abruptly turned, heading to the window. A long, low whistle escaped his lips, and immediately, a small, yellow-feathered bird, of unknown name, flew in from outside, circling the room before perching on his shoulder.

Once settled, the bird affectionately nuzzled his face with its beak, emitting cheerful "coo-coo" sounds.

"Alright, I know you're hungry. Here, this is your favorite 'Yellow Chestnut Pill.'"

Upon seeing the bird, Master Mo's somber face revealed a hint of a smile, showing a doting gaze. He retrieved a yellow bird food pellet from his pocket and placed it into the bird's mouth.

"Off you go, just like before. Stick with that person. As soon as he leaves this mountain range, immediately fly back and inform me," Master Mo instructed the bird as if speaking to a person.

The bird, excitedly gobbling the food, fluttered around the room. After hearing his words, it circled once before flying out the window, disappearing into the sky.

"Hmph! Even with the surveillance of the 'Cloudwing Bird,' which claims to fly faster than a strong arrow, I doubt you can pull any tricks," he muttered to himself darkly.