Chapter 91 Plundering the Treasure

Just as the dwarf was feeling triumphant, Han Li had his own plans in mind.

Two figures suddenly leaped out from the Seven Profound Sect and dashed straight towards the dwarf without a word, moving as swift as lightning. They were the two remaining senior brothers of Wang Juechu.

Their faces were filled with sorrow and grief, obviously deeply saddened by the death of the burly man. They harbored intense hatred towards the Golden Light Elder and paid no heed to whether the dwarf was a swordsman or not. Their only goal was to kill him and avenge their fallen comrade.

Initially, Wang Juechu intended to stop their reckless actions. However, upon second thought, he realized that the dwarf would inevitably face these two senior brothers sooner or later, and they were the only ones who posed a threat to him. Instead of intervening now, it was better to let them settle the score while their minds were consumed with vengeance.

With this in mind, Wang Juechu refrained from calling them back.

Having learned a lesson from the recent encounter, the Golden Light Elder didn't dare underestimate his opponents this time. He manipulated the gray light and pointed a finger at the two approaching figures. Immediately, the gray light transformed into a long rainbow and shot towards them.

One of the two men, a Confucian scholar, saw what seemed like a flying sword approaching. He raised his eyebrows, and with a wave of his hand, a thin silver thread shot out from his sleeve, meeting the gray light head-on. Although the silver thread momentarily halted the gray light, it soon resumed its trajectory, seemingly unaffected by the obstruction.

Others couldn't discern what the silver thread was, but Han Li, with his enhanced vision, could clearly see that it was composed of dozens of interconnected silver needles. He was intrigued by how the scholar managed to shoot out such lightweight needles with such force.

The scholar, seeing that the silver thread had no effect, remained unfazed. He bent his body and suddenly began spinning like a top, releasing countless small and large rays of cold light from his rotating figure. These cold rays split into two groups—one clashed directly with the gray light, causing a crackling collision, while the other flew towards the dwarf. The clash with the gray light left remnants scattered, making it impossible to discern their original form. However, the ones deflected by the golden shield remained intact, appearing as various types of hidden weapons, from flying knives and Bodhi seeds to iron lotus seeds and dart-like objects of all shapes and sizes, including some unfamiliar items.

The Golden Light Elder was momentarily stunned, but soon sneered. He didn't believe these mundane weapons could withstand his treasures for long.

With a thunderous shout, everyone was startled.

At this moment, people witnessed a man in gray clothes, who had been running alongside the Confucian scholar, suddenly draw a sword from his back. He took measured steps towards the gray light, and a two-inch-long white glow emerged from the tip of his sword. This fluctuating white glow exuded a chilling aura.

"Jianmang!" Someone shouted out the name of this supreme sword technique, causing the crowd to erupt in excitement.

If flying swords were just rumors, Jianmang was a legend in the martial world—a dream come true for all swordsmen.

Now, not only were flying swords and Jianmang appearing one after another, but they were also about to engage in a duel. This stirred the blood of everyone present, giving them a sense of fulfillment.

While most people were exhilarated, Jia Tianlong felt a chill run down his spine, his face turning pale. He now realized what it meant to be caught off guard and feel fear afterward!

Although he knew that the Seven Profound Sect harbored three formidable experts, he had never expected them to be capable of using Jianmang. If it weren't for the Golden Light Elder's intervention, just one person proficient in Jianmang might have been able to wipe out everyone on his side.

As Jia Tianlong paled in shock, the man in gray had already reached the area below the gray light.

At this moment, whether it was intentional on the part of the scholar or because he had exhausted all his hidden weapons, his spinning abruptly stopped. The silver stream atop the gray light ceased, and without any resistance, the gray light fell straight onto the gray-clothed man's head.

The gray-clothed man wielded his sword with both hands and fiercely swung it at the gray light.

With a crisp sound, the gray-clothed man fell from mid-air to the ground and staggered back several steps. He then spat out a mouthful of blood and looked dejected. The three-inch-long tip of his sword had disappeared, leaving a flat surface.

Although the gray light had taken a hit and fallen to the ground like a wounded bird, it still retained its radiance, pulsating and undulating, displaying remarkable vitality.

Witnessing this scene, both Jia Tianlong's side and the Seven Profound Sect's disciples exclaimed in astonishment. However, while the disciples of the Seven Profound Sect rejoiced, those on Jia Tianlong's side were filled with apprehension.

The Confucian scholar, too, was overjoyed. After glancing at the weakened gray-clothed man and then at the dwarf, he hesitated for a moment before deciding to fly towards the dwarf. He intended to eliminate the main threat first.

Before the scholar could take more than a few steps, a loud shout of "Move!" came from behind him.

Startled, the scholar attempted to react, but felt a cold sensation on his neck. The gray light flew past him, and then he saw a headless body take a few steps forward before collapsing to the ground. The figure seemed eerily familiar.

Before the scholar could comprehend what had happened

, he lost consciousness altogether.

The Golden Light Elder, feeling supremely confident, was about to direct the gray light, which had once again leaped into the air, towards the only surviving gray-clothed man among the three. He was gleeful at the thought of dealing with the remaining disciples of the Seven Profound Sect after eliminating the gray-clothed man.

However, just as he was about to act, a voice from the crowd on the opposite side caught his attention. "I quite like this flying thing of yours. How about you give it to me to play with?" As soon as the words were spoken, a powerful spiritual force attached itself to the gray light, severing his connection with it and robbing him of control.

The gray light, originally flying towards the gray-clothed man, suddenly changed course and veered towards the crowd on the opposite side.

Panic ensued as people scattered in all directions to evade the approaching gray light. However, one seemingly ordinary young man, who appeared to be seventeen or eighteen years old, stood still. He smiled at the Golden Light Elder, revealing a set of white teeth in stark contrast to his dark skin. Then, he pointed a finger at the gray light, which obediently landed in his hand.

"An immortal cultivator!" The dwarf's heart went cold, and his face turned ashen.