Chapter 174 Senior Brother Li

After listening to the words of encouragement from the sect leader, Zhong Lingdao, two disciples walked into the hall carrying trays.

One tray held a storage bag with a golden border, while the other contained a small pile of colorful intermediate-grade spirit stones. It seemed that it was time to fulfill the previous promise, which served as a morale boost before the upcoming battle! Han Li thought with a bit of malice.

The distribution of intermediate-grade spirit stones was based on individual needs, so Han Li, who already had one earth attribute and one fire attribute spirit stone, chose a blue water attribute spirit stone from the tray without any contention.

However, when it came time to extract spiritual tools from the storage bag, the expressions of the disciples became serious.

This storage bag was different from ordinary ones. While other storage bags could be accessed by extending one's divine sense and inputting spiritual power to retrieve items, this bag prevented the exploration of divine sense by cultivators and required no input of spiritual power. Instead, one simply needed to reach in with their hand to retrieve shrunken spiritual tools. However, it was difficult to determine what exactly was being retrieved, relying solely on the sense of touch.

Although all the items inside were superior-grade magical tools, defensive magical tools were obviously rarer than offensive ones. Furthermore, there was a noticeable disparity in quality and effectiveness between offensive and defensive superior-grade magical tools.

Being able to obtain a suitable magical tool would increase one's chances of survival in the Blood Red Trial. Therefore, those who lacked magical tools, especially those disciples, were even more attentive.

Han Li didn't pay much attention to this. During his last trip to the market, he had emptied the treasures of the Wanbao Pavilion that had been accumulated for many years, acquiring two top-grade magical tools among other items. Moreover, he had obtained the Qingjiao Flag and several other superior-grade magical tools afterwards.

Adding another superior-grade magical tool didn't excite him much.

By the time Han Li approached, most of the others had already made their selections. As for what magical tools they had obtained, everyone remained silent and didn't show them to others.

Han Li reached into the bag and randomly grabbed something, feeling a peculiarly shaped object in his hand. Without hesitation, he took it out of the storage bag and glanced at it secretly before immediately putting it away.

At this moment, someone behind him couldn't wait any longer and hurried forward. Han Li tactfully stepped aside and returned to his original spot.

Just as the selection of magical tools was finishing up, some new arrivals entered the hall. Many of them were disciples Han Li had seen when he first entered Huangfeng Valley, including Senior Uncle Wang and the contemptible old man, Senior Uncle Ye Xing.

Contrary to their usual demeanor, these people all showed respectful expressions and surrounded a middle-aged man with a square face. Not a single one dared to whisper or chat casually.

The man appeared to be in his fifties or sixties, with some gray hair, but he looked vigorous and healthy. His sharp tiger-like eyes exuded a sense of authority, indicating his straightforward personality.

After sweeping his gaze over the disciples, the man made Han Li feel as if he could see right through him, sending shivers down his spine.

As soon as the sect leader saw the man enter, he hurriedly went to greet him, repeatedly addressing him as "Senior Uncle Li" with a hint of flattery, astonishing the disciples.