Chapter 198: Conflict

With a "bang," two top-grade magical treasures only left two small nicks on the tentacles before bouncing off crisply, leaving Han Li astonished for a moment.

"So hard! It's almost comparable to the quality of mid-grade magical treasures!" Han Li muttered to himself, feeling lucky. If he hadn't used some tricks, dealing with this giant centipede would have been quite troublesome.

Seeing that the flying knife and golden bowl didn't work well, Han Li casually retrieved them.

However, although this insect had suffered fatal injuries, its vitality was too strong, still rolling around ceaselessly. It seemed that it wouldn't die anytime soon. So Han Li frowned and, without hesitation, displayed his body movement technique, swiftly flashing past the monster's head without further concern for its life or death, and directly returned to the stone hall through the cave passage.

In the stone hall, the several green "Purple Monkey Flowers" were still sitting there unharmed, which delighted Han Li!

He took out several jade boxes of the same size from his storage bag and placed them on the ground. Then, he carefully used the flying knife to cut off the "Purple Monkey Flowers" along with the small pieces of purple stone under their roots. He then flew the flowers back to his hand with the flying knife and carefully sealed them in the jade boxes.

After all the spiritual herbs were harvested and properly stored by Han Li, he finally breathed a sigh of relief and calmed down.

Stretching lazily, he casually scanned the stone hall again, ensuring that nothing had been missed before calmly leaving the place.

As Han Li passed by the place where the giant centipede was heavily injured, the monster was already lying motionless on the ground, completely dead. The large pool of black poisonous blood flowing from its body gave off a disgusting smell, making Han Li feel a bit dizzy and nauseous.

Han Li was alarmed, knowing that the poisonous blood had spread into the air. So he quickly took some "Clearing Spirit Powder" to relieve the discomfort.

Stopping about seven or eight zhang away from the centipede's corpse, Han Li then stopped and released the flying knife, stabbing the body several times to ensure it was truly dead before feeling relieved and continuing on his way.

But just as he took a few steps, Han Li suddenly stopped and bent down to pull out a black short blade from the ground. With two fingers, he gently wiped the black mud from the blade, causing it to shine brightly. It turned out to be a sub-blade of the "Golden Scorpion Mother Blade."

During the time he disappeared, Han Li had planted all eight sub-blades of the Golden Scorpion Mother Blade in the passage, lining them up in a row along the cave and exposing the extremely sharp blade tips on the ground.

Because he was afraid that the gleam of the golden blades would be too bright and be discovered by the monster, Han Li even used black mud to cover the blade tips, blending them with the dark cave. This way, they would be difficult to detect by the monster.

So when the giant centipede approached the ground closely and chased Han Li to this part of the cave, it was caught off guard by the inverted gold blades and had its abdomen opened, resulting in its death. It was pitiful for it, as an upper-level poisonous insect monster, to be ambushed by Han Li without even being able to unleash its powerful poison techniques.

Although Han Li didn't know that the centipede he killed was an upper-level monster, he knew that even if it wasn't, it was definitely among the top-level mid-level monsters. So he was quite satisfied with easily dealing with the poisonous insect.

Now that he had taken seven or eight steps and retrieved all the gold blades, Han Li wiped them clean and put them away. Then, he was about to leave, but after glancing at the centipede's corpse, he hesitated for a moment and decided to approach it.