Chapter 142 Ambush

Han Li knew nothing about the Qin family's affairs, but that didn't stop his excitement! Walking back and forth in the room, he kept playing with the token of ascending immortality, finding it increasingly pleasing to the eye.

After a stick of incense's worth of time, Han Li finally calmed down. He smoothed out his excitement and began to consider the feasibility of his future arrangements and journey to the Huangfeng Valley to seek apprenticeship.

After a sleepless night of tossing and turning, the Tai Nan Conference finally came to an end. From the next morning, many cultivators began to leave the valley, and the number of people inside decreased by half.

By the afternoon, several senior cultivators appeared in the square. After some words of encouragement and praise, they officially announced the end of the Tai Nan Conference, including the young True Person.

Suddenly, the remaining cultivators dispersed in small groups or individually. At this time, Qingwen Daoist and several others approached Han Li again and invited him to join them.

After a moment of silence, Han Li still refused Qingwen and the others' invitation, which displeased Wu Jiuzhi and the Mo brothers. Even Qingwen Daoist's expression turned somewhat unpleasant.

"Since Brother Han is unwilling to travel with us, Qingwen won't force you. Take care on your journey!" Finally, Qingwen sighed and said with a hint of regret.

Then, he patted Han Li's shoulder and left the valley with the others.

Unaware of Qingwen Daoist's actions, Han Li, out of caution, did not immediately leave the Tai Nan Valley. Instead, he stayed for another night and quietly slipped out of the valley in the early morning when the sky was just getting light.

Once out of the Tai Nan Valley, Han Li set his direction and used his wind-control technique, lightly stepping forward, floating several yards away. And so, he gradually drifted away, his clothes fluttering in the wind.

Shortly after Han Li left, two people hurriedly arrived. In front of them, a thumb-sized green light led the way. After making a turn where Han Li had just stayed, they followed the direction Han Li had left, with the green light guiding them, and caught up.

Han Li didn't stop along the way and ran for over a hundred miles without resting for a moment, until he reached a small hill. There, he finally stopped and sat down to eat something, replenishing his physical strength and spiritual energy.

Unbeknownst to Han Li, his series of unconventional actions angered the duo chasing him along the way!

It's no wonder. Who would set off on a journey before dawn? If they hadn't tampered with Han Li beforehand, they might have lost him. But even so, their plan to set traps ahead and ambush Han Li failed!

What infuriated the duo even more was that Han Li covered over a hundred miles with each step, leaving them eating dust behind, almost exhausting them! After all, as cultivators for a long time, they were accustomed to comfort. They hadn't experienced such long-distance travel on foot for a long time.

After some time, Han Li sat cross-legged in a depression below the hill, closed his eyes, motionless, seemingly entering a state of deep concentration. Apart from the chirping of insects around, there was no other sound.

At that moment, dozens of white lights suddenly broke through the nearby soil and shot towards Han Li.

Han Li, who was motionless, suddenly opened his eyes, his gaze cold. His body suddenly leaped into the air without any bones-like twisting of his legs, and his feet landed lightly on the other side of the empty space.

As a result, most of those white lights naturally missed, plugging into the soil where Han Li had been meditating, revealing half of their crystal-clear faces, revealing more than a dozen extremely sharp ice cones!

Seeing this, Han Li's expression turned grim.

He stretched out his right hand, spreading his five fingers. With a crackling sound, a small fireball appeared on each of his five fingertips, but these fireballs were half the size of ordinary fireball techniques!

"Try my Five Fireball Barrage!" Han Li stared at the direction where the ice cones flew, saying coldly. Then, he slightly bent his five fingers and suddenly flicked them. The five fireballs formed a straight line and shot out.

As the fireballs were about to touch the ground, a yellow figure suddenly appeared out of thin air. Then, with a swift movement, the figure moved to another place, just avoiding the range of the fireballs' attack.

With a bang, several of Han Li's fireballs exploded, leaving a large pit in the ground. Some areas even showed signs of melting due to the high temperature, making the guy who narrowly escaped sweat cold.

Han Li did not pay attention to the pit but stared at the yellow-clothed person who had just leaped out, a skinny man in his thirties with a cunning look on his face.

"Why did you ambush me?" Han Li asked coldly.

The yellow-clothed man grinned and said, "Want to know? Maybe in your next life!"

Then, he suddenly shouted, "Attack!"

Han Li was startled, about to take action, but then he heard two slight sounds of soil breaking under his feet. Then, two large hands shining with yellow light swiftly grabbed Han Li's feet, as if they were instantly bound by two steel hoops, making it difficult for Han Li to move!

"Kid, you're dead! With your feet immobilized, let's see how you dodge my Ice Cone Technique!" The yellow-clothed man smirked triumphantly, then raised his hands, muttering words.

As a result, a cold air emanated from his hands, gradually condensing into white crystals in front of him, forming sharp ice cones.

Han Li's face changed drastically. He pressed his hand against his waist, and with a clang, a bright long sword appeared. Without hesitation, he swung the sword down.

"Dang!" The sword struck as if on a rock, sparking, but the yellow hand remained unharmed!

Han Li was shocked and angry, about to find another solution when he heard the yellow-clothed man's laughter.

"Haha! Kid, you're finished!"