Chapter 51: The Display of the Giant's Might

Once afflicted with the poison known as "Entangled Fragrant Silk," its toxicity gradually spreads throughout the body via the bloodstream.

Within a short period, if an ordinary person is poisoned, it's manageable, posing no significant danger. However, for martial artists, it presents a lethal threat. If they move their internal energy recklessly during this period, it accelerates the poison's onset, causing excruciating pain as the blood flows backward.

As the duration of poisoning extends, and the poison seeps deeper into the body, the situation worsens.

Although control over internal energy can be regained, daily consumption of antidotes is necessary to suppress the poison. Failure to do so results in gradual skeletal abnormalities, leading to overall shrinkage, rendering the individual immobile like a lump of mud on the ground.

What's even more terrifying is that because the poison penetrates deep into the bone marrow, it cannot be completely removed. Prolonged consumption of specific medications is necessary to temporarily suppress its effects, leaving the poison lingering like an ever-present companion, never to leave.

The materials used to concoct this poison are diverse, with many substitutable items. While the consequences are similar, the specific toxicity varies depending on the preparer, making it unpredictable. Naturally, the antidotes also differ, and only the person who concocted the poison can administer the appropriate treatment. Others, even if they know the formula for "Entangled Fragrant Silk," cannot prepare the antidote.

As a result, the lives of those poisoned are at the mercy of the perpetrator, leaving them with no choice but to comply and not dare to resist.

Master Mo filtered through his memories of "Entangled Fragrant Silk" and understood why Han Li remained fearless.

He sneered inwardly, maintaining a calm demeanor as he remarked casually, "Is this your last resort?"

"Kid, if you don't have any other tricks up your sleeve, just surrender obediently!"

Han Li's heart sank as he observed Master Mo's unchanged expression, seemingly unfazed by his threats. He realized he must have overlooked something crucial.

He could tell that Master Mo genuinely didn't care about the poison "Entangled Fragrant Silk" coursing through his body, showing no signs of agitation whatsoever. Because of this, Han Li was acutely aware that he was in an extremely disadvantageous position, as if his opponent had an overwhelming advantage and was about to subdue him.

Seeing Han Li remain silent, Master Mo smirked, a hint of cunning flashing in his eyes, as he ordered, "Iron Slave, take him down."

Upon hearing this, Han Li immediately remembered a significant figure he seemed to have completely forgotten since entering the room. Without much thought, he flicked his foot, and the iron cone lying nearby jumped into his hand.

In that split second, a huge shadow with a gust of wind rushed out from the corner of the room and appeared in front of him. Its speed was so fast that Han Li couldn't dodge it.

Helpless, he could only thrust the sharp cone towards the shadow's abdomen, hoping to create some obstruction to give himself a chance to evade.

Thrusting a small cone towards the abdomen was not advisable. But Han Li had no choice. The opponent was too large, and the weapon in his hand was only a few inches long, barely able to reach that spot.

Han Li felt as if he had collided with a non-human monster. His outstretched wrist felt as if it had been struck by a giant tree trunk, dislocating it, and his body was pushed back several steps by the impact. The iron cone in his hand was as if it had struck stone, flying off and disappearing without a trace.

Filled with shock and anger, Han Li barely managed to stabilize himself after the impact, only to feel a sudden darkness in front of him. The massive figure loomed over him, and immediately, he felt intense pain in his shoulders as the giant hands firmly gripped his scapulae, making him feel as if he were about to be crushed.

Struggling desperately, Han Li found himself unable to move under the pressure, as if a mountain were bearing down on him.

In desperation, he raised his knee and fiercely aimed it at the vital area between the giant's legs.

"Aiyo!" Han Li cried out in pain as cold sweat poured down his face. Surprisingly, the area he targeted was also incredibly hard, feeling as if his knee had collided with a stone, breaking into several pieces.

However, his action seemed to anger the opponent. The giant's hands on his shoulders suddenly exerted more force, causing Han Li to almost pass out from the pain, and his whole body went limp, collapsing to the ground.

"Easy, Iron Slave. I still have great use for this person." Just as the situation became critical, Master Mo's reprimanding voice rang out.

With the sound of his words, Han Li felt the pressure on his shoulders ease. Breathing a sigh of relief for the first time, he found Master Mo's voice surprisingly soothing. But amidst his relief, the lingering doubts that had been swirling in his mind for a long time grew stronger.

From the beginning, Han Li had noticed that whenever it came to critical moments, Master Mo would show mercy, fearing to harm him. Naturally, Han Li wouldn't take it as an act of goodwill. There must be something that Master Mo didn't want him to know or see, which made him hesitate to unleash his full strength. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been entangled until now.

He secretly made up his mind to fully exploit this point and negotiate with Master Mo, finding a way to escape his clutches.

Approaching him, Master Mo seemed to perceive his thoughts and sneered briefly. He reached out and felt Han Li's chest, retrieving a heart-guard mirror from there. It left Han Li somewhat dumbfounded; it turned out this item had blocked his acupoints

He shook his head gently without saying a word, then withdrew a rectangular yellow wooden box from his bosom. The box was exquisitely crafted, adorned with intricately carved dragons and phoenixes, clearly a precious item seldom seen in ordinary households.

Master Mo, facing Han Li, solemnly opened the lid of the box, revealing several identical silver blades inside. These silver blades had a peculiar shape, appearing to be neither knives nor swords. Their blades were curved, resembling crescents, and their size was akin to daggers, making them quite unique.

As Master Mo retrieved one of the silver blades from the box, Han Li noticed that the blade was extraordinarily thin, almost like a piece of paper. Cold light shimmered on its surface, giving the impression of unparalleled sharpness, likely capable of slicing through flesh and blood as easily as cutting cloth. What was even more peculiar was that at the end of the handle of the silver blade was embedded a grimacing face with tightly closed eyes. This face had a green complexion, sharp teeth, and long horns, giving it an extremely sinister appearance.

Master Mo held the strange blade and cast a meaningful sidelong glance at Han Li. This gesture sent shivers down Han Li's spine. Could it be that his ominous prediction had hit the mark, and that Master Mo intended to use this peculiar blade to carve him up?