Chapter 113: Fragrance-Retaining Pill

The moonlit night wasn't particularly cold, but the lovely face of Mo Caihuan had a tinge of green to it. She glared resentfully at Han Li, gritting her teeth in frustration.

The two of them had been standing on this path in the backyard for over a quarter of an hour, but neither had taken a step forward.

Mo Caihuan, seeing that Han Li was ignoring her three major tactics—acting cute, being coquettish, and crying—decided to stop leading the way forward. She resorted to biting her lip, refusing to move forward. She intended to use this tactic to coerce Han Li into giving in, all while giving him pitiful looks, hoping to make him yield.

But when Han Li saw Mo Caihuan's pitiful expression, he couldn't help but laugh.

It reminded him of his friend, Li Feiyu. Whenever Li Feiyu needed Han Li's help with some troublesome matter, he would use a similar expression to move Han Li. Over time, Han Li became completely immune to such expressions.

So when Mo Caihuan looked at Han Li with eyes like an abandoned puppy, Han Li stood there enjoying the performance, occasionally shaking his head and reciting a few sarcastic lines of poetry.

Under Han Li's mocking retaliation, Mo Caihuan quickly lost her composure. She abandoned her pitiful look and replaced it with a furious glare, which she maintained until now.

In fact, Mo Caihuan was already regretting her actions. If her mother found out about the current situation, not only would she fail to get anything, but she might also face punishment.

Thinking about this, she glared at Han Li a few more times. This rustic fellow, couldn't he just give her something? Didn't he know how to please a girl? He was truly a bumpkin!

At this point, the girl had completely forgotten about demanding outrageous gifts from Han Li.

Although Han Li had no experience in coaxing girls, he knew that he was still a guest in the Mo Family and couldn't afford to offend them. So when he felt that he had mocked her enough, he leisurely reached into his bosom to see if he could find something suitable to dismiss this little demon.

Finally, Han Li found a small porcelain bottle in a shade of emerald green. Inside were several pills emitting a delightful fragrance.

These pills were called "Fragrance-Retaining Pills" and were said to be used by palace concubines as royal medicine. Other than emitting a charming fragrance, these pills had no other effects. The unique fragrance not only lasted for a long time but also repelled insects, making it a favorite among palace beauties.

Unfortunately, the main ingredients required to make these pills were rare and aged herbs. Even in the wealthy imperial palace, there were often shortages, so it was impossible for commoners to see these pills.

Originally, Han Li would never have prepared such useless pills for himself, but during his time in the Seven Profound Sect, Li Feiyu had persuaded him to take a few of these pills to coax a girl he liked.

This small bottle was the remaining few pills. Originally, Han Li used them to prevent insect bites when camping in the wilderness, but now he had to take them out to appease this little demon.

Han Li tossed the small bottle towards the girl across from him, and Mo Caihuan, caught off guard, hurriedly caught it with a flustered expression.

"What's this?" Mo Caihuan's tears turned to laughter. She finally received a gift from this stingy person. Although she didn't know what it was, she was still excited.

"These are Fragrance-Retaining Pills. They're quite wonderful. They can..." Han Li explained the efficacy of the pills to the girl in detail, thinking that she would be very satisfied and happy.

Little did he know, after Mo Caihuan opened the bottle and took a whiff of the fragrance, she immediately covered the bottle and looked at Han Li with vigilant eyes. She cautiously said, "These pills wouldn't be aphrodisiacs or anything like that, would they? Why does the fragrance smell so similar to what my sisters described? Are you planning something inappropriate towards me?"

Han Li was dumbfounded for a while, then remained silent. He suddenly felt like he was going to spit blood three bowls. Could this girl's mind be any more difficult to understand? She actually associated Fragrance-Retaining Pills with aphrodisiacs!

Now Han Li didn't know whether to admire the girl's caution or shout three times in frustration for being falsely accused for no reason!

"It seems what you said is true. But I still have to take it to my second sister for inspection before I can use it. After all, we girls have to be cautious!" Mo Caihuan said seriously to Han Li.

"Cough! Cough... Whatever you say." Han Li was speechless, he could only cough a few times to cover up his embarrassment. He now felt that it was better to keep a distance from this little demon, otherwise, he might be driven crazy by her at any moment.

"However, if these pills are as useful as you say, then even if you pass the test, in the future, if Senior Brother encounters any difficulties in the Mo Family, feel free to come to Caihuan for help. As long as I receive a small reward, I can definitely help you solve the problem completely." Mo Caihuan tossed the small bottle in her hand a few times, laughing and joking.

"Alright, Junior Sister! If Senior Brother has any trouble in the future, he will definitely come to you for help." Han Li responded to her words with a smile, but in his heart, he was thinking viciously, "Finding you,

a little money lover, is indeed strange!"

Mo Caihuan naturally couldn't hear Han Li's thoughts. She was delighted that Han Li had become more compliant, and suddenly felt that this Han Senior Brother was quite interesting and even looked a bit more pleasing to the eye.

"Let's go, Senior Brother Han! I'll find you a bigger room that won't inconvenience you!" Mo Caihuan said with a smile. She walked ahead with her head held high and chest puffed out, while Han Li followed behind, sighing quietly.

"This eccentric little girl is definitely not worthy of him! Forget about the fact that such a miss wouldn't even look at someone as ordinary-looking as him. Even if she did, he would refuse without hesitation. Otherwise, with her difficult temperament, he would be unable to bear it." Han Li thought to himself, decisively striking Mo Caihuan off his list of potential admirers.