Chapter 193: Friends and Foes

"Old Feng's cherished boots, how did they end up in your hands? What's your relationship with him? As far as I know, that guy treasures those Cloud-Stepping Boots of his and wouldn't lend them to anyone!"

With these words, a colorful figure emerged from somewhere, standing under a giant flowering tree about twenty yards away from Han Li. He was of medium build, with small eyes, a face covered in black pockmarks, around forty years old, and had seven or eight pockets of different sizes hanging from his body.

However, his ugly face now showed astonishment! His eyes were fixed on the boots on Han Li's feet, seemingly unable to believe that these "Cloud-Stepping Boots" were actually on Han Li's feet.

"Who are you, and why did you attack me?" Han Li didn't answer the man's question, but rather asked bluntly. He didn't want to be led around by the nose and suppressed in momentum by the other party.

The ugly man was first stunned, but then immediately became furious, his ugly face showing a fierce expression. He raised his hand, wanting to teach this young man a lesson, but then remembered something and forcibly restrained his violence, putting his hand down. But he still spoke viciously:

"Kid, don't think that just because you're wearing Old Feng's spirit boots, I won't dare to teach you a lesson! When Old Feng gave you those boots, didn't he mention my name, Zhong Wu of the Ling Beast Mountain? But it's strange, you're clearly from the Yellow Maple Valley, how could he give you the boots? Are you Old Feng's illegitimate child? But you don't look like it at all!"

As the ugly man spoke, he cast a strange look at Han Li.

This time, it was Han Li's turn to be annoyed. He snorted with an unpleasant expression and said coldly:

"Sir, don't casually associate me with others! Old Feng is long dead, and these boots were taken from his corpse!"

"Dead? Madman Feng?!" The ugly man, who had initially appeared fierce, suddenly jumped up in surprise, becoming uncertain! He involuntarily took a few steps back, re-evaluating Han Li.

"Did you kill him?" The evil-looking man took a deep breath, his eyes rolling around, his voice hesitant. His expression no longer held the initial ferocity and brutality.

"Yes, do you want to avenge him?" Han Li calmly folded his hands behind his back, silently watching the other party.

But a strand of silk secretly taken out from his storage bag was already quietly wrapped around his ring finger.

The reason he confessed to killing the man in front of him was mostly to assert his dominance, hoping that the man would back off and not provoke him further. He didn't want to end up in a situation where both parties were injured right after entering this area, delaying his herb gathering plans.

Although the man seemed to have some acquaintance with Old Feng from his tone, Han Li believed that the likelihood of him avenging Old Feng was not great! After all, cultivators themselves were mostly indifferent and selfish, especially thugs like the man in front of him!

Of course, if the man insisted on avenging Old Feng, Han Li would have no choice but to strike first. He would exhaust his energy, use all his techniques, and then use the silk thread on his finger to silently wrap around the man's head, causing him to die without even realizing it.

But Han Li was well aware that such a hasty ambush would not have a high chance of success! There was only a thirty to forty percent chance of success.

"Revenge? Joke! Do I look like that kind of boring person?" Indeed, as Han Li expected, the situation unfolded just as he thought. The man laughed disdainfully, saying.