Chapter 32: Boldness Arises

Han Li turned and walked towards the door. When he reached the doorway, he suddenly turned back and asked:
"Who is the person standing behind Doctor Mo? He hasn't spoken a word. I wonder who he is?" Doctor Mo smiled slightly at Han Li's unexpected question, evading it cunningly:
"You are so clever, guess who he is. You'll surely figure it out." Han Li shook his head, walked out of Doctor Mo's house cleanly, whether he couldn't guess or simply didn't want to.

As Han Li stepped out, his face darkened. "In this conflict with Doctor Mo, I was completely defenseless, completely subdued by him. It shows that I am still too naive, thinking that I could outsmart him with a little cleverness. The Five Poison Water I concocted with so much effort didn't even have a chance to work before being confiscated. I need to go back and think about how to strengthen my own strength."

Thinking this, he strode back to his residence. Clearly, he was not content to be controlled by Doctor Mo like this.

Inside his room, Doctor Mo stared dumbfounded at the wooden floor, where a bowl-sized hole had appeared, black and rotten. Just now, he carelessly tested something from the iron tube, and the venom sprayed from the tube easily corroded the ground. Seeing the bizarre toxicity of this venom, Doctor Mo couldn't suppress his horror and started cursing:

"That brat! When did he learn to make such poison? I never taught him anything like that. I thought it was just an ordinary Immortal Devouring Drug. This brat is really ruthless, turning against his own benefactor."

Unaware that he had startled Doctor Mo, Han Li, after returning to his room, collapsed on his bed and fell into a deep sleep. He had experienced such a major upheaval today that his mind and body were exhausted and needed rest to recover.

After regaining his strength, Han Li slowly woke up from his slumber. He sat up, glanced at the sky, and saw that the eastern horizon was beginning to brighten. It seemed that he had slept until the next morning, quite a long time indeed.

Instead of getting out of bed right away, Han Li propped up his chin with both hands, arms resting on his thighs, contemplating how to escape Doctor Mo's control.

Obviously, he would be safe within this year. Doctor Mo would protect him for his own sake, but whether he would still be safe after a year was uncertain.

Han Li didn't have to worry about the Longevity Technique. He had already reached the fourth level a few days ago, and the fifth level would surely be within his grasp in a year's time without much effort.

As for the Corpse Worm Pill, the solution was simple. When the time came, he would show his progress to Doctor Mo and demand the antidote before agreeing to any treatment. Doctor Mo surely wouldn't offend him over this matter.

Suddenly, Han Li remembered something. He took out a medicine bottle from his body, poured out a green pill, and swallowed it. After a while, when the medicine took effect, he began to quietly introspect.

"Cough! Doctor Mo wasn't lying about this Corpse Worm Pill. But the Clear Spirit Powder, which can neutralize all poisons, had no effect on it. It seems I'll have to wait a year to get the antidote." Han Li muttered regretfully under his breath after putting the medicine bottle back into his clothes.

He got up from the bed and went to a corner of the room. Walking around the only table in the room, he began to pace slowly.

Walking with his hands behind his back, he continued to ponder various issues in his mind.

Han Li didn't fully believe what Doctor Mo had said; he knew there were many falsehoods in it. Unfortunately, knowing this, he couldn't resist Doctor Mo's threat to his relatives.

Han Li doubted whether Doctor Mo would truly keep his promise after a year. If it were as simple as Doctor Mo claimed, then it would be easy. He wouldn't need to resist at all. But he feared that Doctor Mo had hidden some harmful information, and if he didn't prepare, he might not have any chance to resist when the time came.

After racking his brains several times, Han Li still couldn't come up with a good solution. Now he and Doctor Mo were both afraid. Doctor Mo was afraid that he wouldn't cultivate diligently and endanger his life, while he was afraid that after Doctor Mo removed his worries, he would be in danger.

Initially, he could have used this to threaten Doctor Mo and make him hesitate, but now that Doctor Mo had grabbed his relatives as a lifeline, he could only compromise.

"Could it be that I have to entrust my life to him and hope that he will be merciful to me in the end?" Han Li felt a bit discouraged.

"No, absolutely not. I cannot allow my fate to be controlled by others. Entrusting everything to others' control is the stupidest idea." Immediately, he overturned this foolish notion.

After racking his brains, Han Li came up with a stupid solution. He planned to strengthen his own strength from various aspects and increase his own bargaining chips to deter Doctor Mo. Even if Doctor Mo really wanted to take action, he would still have a chance to protect himself.

This was indeed a foolish idea, only passively defending and letting the other side take the initiative. But now, this seemed to be the only feasible method, the most comprehensive and secure one.

After making up his mind, Han Li decided to go outside for a walk. He pushed open the door and walked out to the open space outside, lazily stretching his waist and yawning.

Facing the somewhat chilly morning breeze, he looked at the half-risen sun and said with determination:
"My fate can only be controlled by myself, and I will never let others manipulate it."