Chapter 115: Unexpected Changes

Just as Yan Ge reached the second floor and was about to knock on the door, a voice from inside the room could be heard.

"Is it Han Li and Yan Ge?"

"Yes, Fourth Madam!" Yan Ge hurriedly stopped and respectfully answered.

"Yan Ge, you can go back first. Let Han Li come in alone." The indifferent voice of Madam Yan came through, sending a chill down Han Li's spine.

"Yes, Madam." Yan Ge clearly respected Madam Yan, without any hesitation, he smiled at Han Li and quietly retreated from the second floor, leaving only Han Li standing outside the room.

Han Li coldly stared at the door, not immediately pushing it open. Instead, he released his spiritual sense to sense the situation inside the room. He didn't want to walk into a room full of ambushes and be killed. It was better to be cautious!

The room was very quiet, and there were only a few people inside, including Madam Yan. Han Li didn't sense any hidden experts in the room, which made him feel a bit relieved.

So he stepped forward and knocked on the door twice, then pushed it open and glanced inside, intending to enter. However, the scene inside the room made Han Li's face pale, and the steps he had taken suddenly stopped in mid-air.

It was the same room he had been to last night, with the same furniture and decorations. The only difference was the attire of the several beauties inside. Madam Yan and the others were all dressed in white mourning clothes, sitting solemnly on chairs, staring coldly at him.

Han Li's face turned a bit pale, not because he was afraid, but because he was annoyed by the deceased Doctor Mo.

It was obvious that he had been played by Doctor Mo again. The letter he received seemed to contain some hidden information, and these women knew about Doctor Mo's death and were waiting for him, the murderer, to come to them!

Han Li took a deep breath and calmed his face, then walked boldly into the room, found a chair, and sat down directly opposite the women, staring at them silently, intending to see how these women would deal with him.

Han Li's boldness caught Madam Yan and the others off guard, making them flustered, and their expressions were all different.

Madam Li's face turned green, obviously angered by Han Li's disrespectful behavior. She had been addressed as "Mother" by him yesterday, but today he dared to stare at them so openly. Being from a scholarly family, she valued the distinction between seniors and juniors the most. But now that she encountered someone like Han Li, who didn't respect teachers and traditions, how could she not be angry?

Madam Liu, on the other hand, was quite different from Madam Li. Instead of getting angry, she looked at Han Li with interest. However, Han Li didn't dare to look at her directly because of her astonishing charm, so he just glanced past her.

Madam Yan's demeanor was similar to the cold and elegant Madam Wang. She didn't show any emotions, just coldly confronting Han Li, her eyes full of freezing coldness.

"You have quite the audacity, the disciple who closed my husband's door!" After a moment of staring between the two sides, Madam Yan finally spoke, but her words were full of sarcasm, and everyone could hear it clearly.

"What do you want to know or say, just say it directly. I don't want to hear nonsense, nor do I want to speak nonsense!" Han Li said expressionlessly.

Han Li was well aware that it would be worse to engage in a verbal battle with a woman than to simultaneously engage in a verbal battle with several women. Instead of wasting energy distinguishing facts, it was better to address the core issue directly.

And since there were no hidden experts in the room, it meant that these women didn't have any immediate plans to take action against him. It seemed that either they had some reservations or they needed something from him. Since that was the case, there was no need to be polite to them. After all, Doctor Mo's death was his own fault, and he had nothing to be ashamed of.

"You..." Even Madam Yan, who had experienced various battles, was almost speechless at Han Li's tough tone.

"Alright, I'll ask you! Did my husband die at your hands, the traitor's hands?" Madam Li couldn't help but rage, her beautiful eyes almost spewing fire, and all traces of scholarly aura disappeared, leaving only resentment.

"What nonsense are you talking about? It's clearly you who did it." Han Li's expression remained unchanged.

"How do you know it was me? Did you witness it with your own eyes?" Han Li asked without any politeness. He was well aware that the letter had been written before Doctor Mo's death, so he couldn't be sure that he was the one who killed Doctor Mo. It was likely that the letter contained some speculations, which is why Han Li could refute them without reservation.

"Since you put it that way, then tell us the whole story of my husband's death. If it really has nothing to do with you, we won't deliberately wrong you." Madam Wang, who had been silent and cold all along, suddenly spoke up.