Chapter 19: Jianghu Duel

"Han Brother, you really live in your own world, don't you? You don't know about such a big event? Even if you were in seclusion, your master should have mentioned it to you," Xiao Suanpan's tone sounded suspicious again.

Without saying a word, Han Li swiftly took out a waist token from his body and handed it to Xiao Suanpan.

"Han Brother, what are you doing? Can I still not trust you? I felt like I had seen you before, and I was sure we had met earlier, hehe!" He quickly glanced at the waist token from the corner of his eye and saw that it was genuine, so he hastily smiled.

"Can you tell me now?" Han Li still cared about the question he had raised earlier.

"Of course, of course."

"Oh no, I might have offended this guy in front of me." Xiao Suanpan muttered to himself, but he obediently spilled everything out.

In recent years, the conflict between the Seven Profound Gate and the Wolf Gang had intensified. Both sides fought numerous battles, big and small, over several wealthy towns with unclear ownership, resulting in significant casualties. Because the members of the Wolf Gang were trained in the ways of bandits, they fought without regard for their lives and became even more crazed at the sight of blood. On the other hand, although the disciples of the Seven Profound Gate had higher martial arts skills, they lacked the same ruthlessness. Consequently, in the battles, it was often the latter who suffered more casualties. After several such battles, the higher-ups of the Seven Profound Gate couldn't sit still anymore and sent out most of their inner disciples to participate in a series of battles with the Wolf Gang. On one hand, these territories must not be lost, and on the other hand, they wanted their disciples to experience the cruelty of the martial world and gain practical combat experience.

As a result, almost all the older senior brothers on the mountain were sent down the mountain. Currently, either they were entangled with the Wolf Gang or undergoing training elsewhere. Apart from the necessary guardian disciples, only the younger disciples who had not yet graduated remained on the mountain.

Hearing this, Han Li suddenly realized the reason for the difference on the mountain compared to before.

"Clang!" A loud noise rang out as a soft sword flew into the air.

Zhao Ziling pressed his left hand against his injured right tiger's mouth, his face turning pale as he staggered back several steps, gasping for breath.

Just now, he couldn't evade Brother Li's swift and consecutive knife moves and was forced to use his soft sword to parry. As a result, the tremendous force transmitted by the knife caused his weapon to be shaken away.

"Brother Li, indeed formidable. I admit defeat." Zhao Ziling reluctantly smiled and saluted.

Cheers erupted from the surroundings.

"Brother Li, impressive skill!"

"Brother Li, amazing saber technique!"

"Brother Li, please give me some guidance!"

Calls of admiration filled the entire venue, directed towards their idol.

Brother Li sheathed his long knife, a faint blush appearing on his face as he was about to say something. Suddenly, his expression changed, and he frowned, seeming to remember something.

He said coldly, "I have some urgent matters to attend to. I'll take my leave." With a turn, he lightly floated out of the venue, revealing a skillful lightness technique, and disappeared into the pine forest beside the cliff.

"Tsk tsk! Brother Li not only has excellent saber skills but also remarkable lightness technique."

"Exactly!"

"Exactly!"

Words of praise echoed once again.

Han Li furrowed his brows. This Brother Li had good skills, but he seemed a bit fond of showing off, probably because of his youthful arrogance.

He couldn't help but smile wryly at himself. Despite not being much older than these people, he always seemed to have an old-fashioned mindset, as if he were already an old man. It seemed that practicing that set of mantras had aged his mentality.

"Excuse me, what's your name, junior?" Han Li glanced at Xiao Suanpan standing aside and suddenly asked for his name.

"I'm Jin Dongbao, but, Han Brother, you can just call me Xiao Suanpan." Xiao Suanpan became excited when Han Li asked for his name, feeling like he had found a big backer.

"If you ever get sick or injured, just come to me, and I'll treat you for free." Han Li patted his shoulder, glanced at the crowd that was once again in dispute, and walked into the nearby pine forest without looking back.

Left behind in the same spot, Jin Dongbao was still dumbfounded, unable to understand the meaning of what Han Li had said for a while.