Chapter 73: Li Feiyu's Thoughts

As soon as Li stepped into the room, she caught a whiff of a foul smell, then saw Master Ma and Elder Qian sitting on either side of the bed, eyes closed in meditation. In the space between them lay a basin of dark blood, emitting the stench. Their faces were pale, indicating they had indeed exerted considerable effort, just as Han Li had mentioned. Li felt a sense of gratitude towards the two men.

Though she had no martial arts skills, Li had been exposed to enough to know not to disturb them. She slowed her pace, quietly approaching the bed to look at the person lying on it.

There lay Elder Li, peacefully asleep, the pain between his brows vanished without a trace. Although his complexion still showed some signs of illness, the black qi had completely disappeared, leaving only faint traces of the poison marks. It was almost imperceptible.

Seeing that the toxicity had indeed been completely removed, Li couldn't help but shed tears of joy.

After a while, she wiped away her tears and realized she should go back and thank Han Li properly. She turned and quietly walked back to the living room, but as soon as she stepped outside, she was immediately surrounded by people bombarding her with questions, yet she didn't see Han Li among them.

She was surprised and quickly asked about Ma Rong and the others. After hearing their replies, Li learned that Han Li had left after prescribing a tonic, without staying for another moment.

Li listened silently for a while, but she had already made up her mind. Once Elder Li recovered, they would personally visit Han Li to express their gratitude for saving his life.

Unbeknownst to Li, there was one person missing from the room besides the divine physician Han Li, and that was Li Feiyu, who had been inseparable from Zhang Xue'er.

On a secluded path, beside a dense tree, Han Li, who had just left Elder Li's house, lay on the grass with his hands as a pillow, leisurely examining the green leaves on a branch. When he counted nearly a thousand leaves, a dark figure swooped down from the sky towards him, resembling an eagle seizing its prey, exuding an air of deep animosity.

"Hey! Stop fooling around. Every time we meet, why do you always want to fight? I'm not that Zhang Xue'er!" Han Li's words made the figure agilely turn in mid-air and land gracefully by Han Li's side. It was none other than Li Feiyu, who had followed closely behind.

"Han Li, with your scruffy appearance, are you worthy to compare yourself to Miss Zhang? Aren't you just making her uncomfortable?" Li Feiyu retorted with a touch of disdain, lightly kicking Han Li's buttocks as a reprimand.

Upon hearing this, Han Li rolled his eyes and then stood up with a carp-like movement.

"It seems that our esteemed Senior Li is too focused on love and neglecting friendship. I've chosen my friends poorly!" Han Li teased, noticing Li Feiyu's intense infatuation with Zhang Xue'er.

"Stop talking nonsense. Why did you call me here? Do you know how hard it is for me to find an opportunity to get close to Miss Zhang? If you don't give me a satisfactory reason, don't even think about getting away with it!" Li Feiyu appeared irritated by Han Li's inexplicable invitation.

"Did I call you out? I didn't know. Did I say it myself?" Han Li pretended to be surprised, exaggerating his reaction.

"When you came out, your winking expression at me was unmistakable. Anyone with eyes could see it. Stop beating around the bush. If there's nothing important, I'm leaving." Li Feiyu turned to leave, his demeanor making it hard to discern his sincerity.

Han Li didn't intend to continue teasing him. His expression suddenly became serious as he said, "Don't blame me for being nosy, but as a friend, I want to ask, does Zhang Xue'er know that you've taken the marrow pill and only have a few years left?"

Upon hearing this, Li Feiyu's face turned extremely pale, devoid of any color, and he remained silent for a long time.

Sighing inwardly, Han Li knew there was no need to ask further. The expression on Li Feiyu's face spoke volumes.

"Why did you have to wake me up like this!" Li Feiyu's expression was filled with sadness, and after a while, he spoke painfully.

Instead of answering Li Feiyu's question, Han Li gently patted his shoulder in consolation.

"You've probably heard that the more you invest in a relationship, the more pain you'll endure." Finally, when Li Feiyu's emotions stabilized slightly, Han Li uttered these wise words, leaving Li Feiyu stunned.

"I brought you out before you were deeply involved. It's to save you from more pain in the future." Han Li added slowly when Li Feiyu's emotions calmed down.

Li Feiyu stared at Han Li blankly, his expression somewhat strange.

"What's wrong? Do you have a problem?" Han Li was a little unnerved by Li Feiyu's gaze and quickly looked himself over.

"How old are you? Why do you talk like you've seen through the world of love and romance, as if you're an experienced player? Have you already experienced the joys and sorrows of love?" Li Feiyu suddenly asked.

"Of course not. These are just things I've read in books. I think they make sense, so I used them to comfort you."

"Oh, I see! So that's it. I was wondering! With my elegant and refined appearance, how could I possibly fall behind you in this regard? You're just talking nonsense about insights into life and love!" Li Feiyu let out a long sigh, patting his chest as if he had been greatly frightened.

Han Li was speechless. This guy had recovered too quickly. Just a moment ago, he was on the verge of death, and now he was joking around again, a highly emotional fellow.

Nevertheless, Han Li still wore a determined expression, continuing to probe, "Have you really given up on Miss Zhang? Are you indifferent to seeing her in someone else's arms?"

Li Feiyu's playful expression instantly turned ice-cold, exuding a murderous aura as he said coldly, "Anyone who dares to touch Miss Zhang, I'll chop off their claws!"

"As for what happens after I die, I don't care and can't control it. But while I'm alive, Miss Zhang belongs to me alone." His words seemed to freeze the air around them.