Chapter 106 The Man in Blue

On the bustling Nanling Street in the southern part of Jiayuan City, there stood a vast mansion occupying several acres of land. A black lacquered gate with a plaque inscribed with the words "Mo Mansion" hung above it. Eight burly men stood guard on either side of the gate, each exuding an aura of discipline and strength, making them appear formidable and well-trained.

Not far from the Mo Mansion, across the street, stood a three-story restaurant known as the Fragrant House. It was one of the most renowned restaurants in Jiayuan City, especially famous for its signature drink, the "Hundred Miles Fragrance," which attracted many renowned merchants.

At this hour, during lunchtime, the Fragrant House was bustling with customers. Every table, from the first floor to the third, was occupied, filled with people enjoying their meals.

Sitting by a window on the second floor was a young man. On his table were delicious dishes and a bottle of the famous "Hundred Miles Fragrance" liquor. Standing behind him was a fearsome giant, none other than Han Li, who was here to gather information.

Han Li looked out of the window absentmindedly, his hand idly playing with a small cup filled with liquor. The food on his table remained untouched, and he appeared distracted and disinterested.

Through his inquiries, Han Li had learned that the two biological daughters and the adopted daughter of Doctor Mo were renowned beauties in Jiayuan City, often referred to as the "Three Beauties of the Mo Mansion." Due to their fame, they had countless suitors, especially Mo Yuzhu, who attracted the most attention. Her engagement had caused quite a stir, leading to challenges from martial artists, all of whom were defeated by a young man named Wu Jianming, earning him fame and the affection of Mo Yuzhu.

As Han Li pondered these matters, he found them somewhat ridiculous. While others might not know the true identity of Wu Jianming, Han Li was well aware. He was likely sent by Doctor Mo's adversaries, suspecting the doctor's absence for many years and intending to test the waters. Han Li wondered how Wu Jianming had managed to gain the trust of the Mo Mansion. Ordinary tokens and letters wouldn't have been enough to sway Doctor Mo's wives easily.

As Han Li tapped his fingers on the table, deep in thought, a waiter in a white jacket approached a young man in blue attire and led him to a nearby table. The blue-clad man was handsome, with striking features and an air of nobility. He glanced around the room, and his eyes met Han Li's for a moment before Han Li quickly averted his gaze, his expression changing slightly.

The encounter surprised both men, but the blue-clad man soon turned away, showing no further interest in Han Li.

Han Li felt a chill run down his spine. The man's gaze had seemed to penetrate his soul, leaving him feeling exposed and vulnerable in a way he had never experienced before.

After finishing his meal quickly, the blue-clad man left the restaurant without another glance at Han Li, seemingly having forgotten about him entirely.

Relieved at the man's departure, Han Li slumped back in his chair, feeling as though he had endured a long and exhausting ordeal in the man's presence.

Meanwhile, the blue-clad man appeared at the end of a street, where another man in a yellow shirt was waiting for him.

"Fourth Brother, why are you late? We need to meet up with Big Brother!" the man in yellow complained.

"Hehe, Second Brother, don't be angry! I haven't tasted worldly food in years, so I went to enjoy myself!" the blue-clad man chuckled.

"You're always so gluttonous! How many times have I told you? We cultivators should cultivate a pure heart and avoid indulgence in food and drink. But you never listen. Your indulgences have surely lowered your spiritual cultivation," the man in yellow scolded.

"Alright, alright, I won't do it again! By the way, I saw other cultivators at the restaurant," the blue-clad man said hastily, changing the subject.

"Oh? How powerful were they?" the man in yellow immediately became interested.

"Their cultivation was shallow, probably only at the seventh or eighth level of basic cultivation. Barely enough to qualify for the Immortal Ascension Conference. I don't understand why someone with such low cultivation would come to Lan Prefecture for such an event. Do they really think they can win at the Immortal Ascension Conference?" the blue-clad man scoffed.

"How old were they?"

"About seventeen or eighteen."

"That explains it. They're probably accompanying their elders to gain experience. They'll likely participate in the Immortal Ascension Conference in another ten years. That's when they'll truly compete," the man in yellow laughed.

"That makes sense. In that case, their talent isn't too bad. Perhaps in another

ten years, they'll reach my level," the blue-clad man said proudly.

"Don't boast too much! With your cultivation at just the tenth level, there are plenty of cultivators at the Immortal Ascension Conference every year who are at or above your level. Save your bragging until you reach the eleventh or twelfth level," the man in yellow scolded jokingly before turning and leaving.

The blue-clad man grumbled to himself as he followed behind, leaving the restaurant behind.

Legend of the Cultivation God IOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara