Chapter 16: The Little Calculator

In the midst of the crowd, two bare-handed teenagers were testing their martial arts skills. One was stout but had a stable stance, displaying powerful punches and kicks. He was none other than Han Li's former good friend, Wang Dapang. Despite his fat physique, Wang Dapang's martial arts skills were formidable, with each punch and kick carrying great force.

The other teenager was short but agile, moving like a nimble mouse. Instead of defending against Wang Dapang's attacks, he simply dodged and evaded, seemingly aiming to tire out Wang Dapang before launching a counterattack.

Seeing his friend engaged in combat, Han Li naturally inclined to his side. After observing for a while and seeing Wang Dapang maintain his momentum, Han Li relaxed, knowing his friend wouldn't be defeated easily.

He glanced around, intending to ask someone about what was happening. Not far from where he stood, a teenager was gesturing with his hands while muttering to himself, "Hit his head, kick his waist, oh! Just missed! Yes, yes, kick his butt harder..."

The teenager seemed to be rooting for Wang Dapang. Finding him amusing, Han Li climbed down from the tree and approached him.

"Excuse me, do you know the people fighting? Why are they battling?" Han Li asked innocently.

"Why ask? I, the Little Calculator, know everyone here. They're fighting because of..." The teenager was about to answer, but then he realized he had never seen Han Li before and became alert.

"I'm Han Li, a good friend of the brave Wang Dapang over there," Han Li replied seriously.

"Wang Dapang's friend? I know all his friends, but I've never seen you before! Are you a new disciple? No, it takes at least half a year for new disciples to enter. Who are you?" The teenager became suspicious.

"Oh, I've been secluded in a place for the past few years. It's normal if you don't know me," Han Li replied, half-truthfully.

"Is that so? You've been a disciple here for four years, I didn't expect there to be someone I don't know in the sect," the teenager said, looking at Han Li's clothes and seemingly believing his explanation.

He then proceeded to explain the reason behind the fight to Han Li in detail, revealing a complex web of relationships and grievances involving two young men, a girl, and a tragic outcome.

As Han Li listened, he realized that the conflict between the wealthy disciples and the lower-ranked ones seemed to have intensified.

The teenager continued to talk enthusiastically, expressing support for Wang Dapang and suggesting a united front against the wealthy disciples if they broke the rules.

Han Li smiled wryly, feeling disconnected from the conflict. After years of cultivating, his fiery impulses had long faded. Moreover, he had never practiced martial arts before and knew he couldn't win against any ordinary disciple. He decided to watch the competition to its conclusion and then return to the valley honestly.

"Great!" Suddenly, the teenager exclaimed with joy.

Startled, Han Li turned to look at the arena. Wang Dapang's opponent had finally succumbed to his relentless assault, falling unconscious after being struck on the head.

Some cheered while others wore grim expressions. Wang Dapang, brimming with pride, returned to his side of the arena, his earlier ferocity replaced by a smug demeanor.

The representatives of Zhang Changgui's faction also withdrew their fallen comrade before sending out two new fighters, one wielding a knife and the other a sword.

The two combatants, both hot-blooded, immediately engaged in a fierce battle without exchanging words.