Chapter 70: Instigation

Master Ma seemed to sense the tension between the two, but instead of being worried, a faint smile appeared on his face.

"Young Doctor Han may be young, but his medical skills are absolutely extraordinary. I believe Elder Li will surely be brought back from the brink of death," he suddenly praised Han's medical skills.

"Is that so? With such a young age, I find it hard to believe he possesses such high medical skills! Does he surpass Doctor Mo?" The elder, with a fiery temperament, fell into the trap and expressed his distrust of Han's abilities right in front of him.

With this statement, the relatives on the side didn't know how to react. They couldn't agree, as they were relying on this small miracle doctor to detoxify and save a life.

It wasn't appropriate to refute, especially since the other elder was a close friend of Elder Li, and respected by most as an elder.

"Hehe, Elder Zhao might not know, but Young Doctor Han is Doctor Mo's favored disciple, and his medical skills have surpassed Doctor Mo's, far beyond," Master Ma added fuel to the fire, pleased with the unfolding drama.

"Humph! Where does Master Ma's Xuan Yin Finger come from?" Elder Zhao, seemingly unaffected by Master Ma's title, retorted bluntly, showing no respect for his position.

"Haha! Elder Zhao is mistaken."

Master Ma seemed to be one to smile while hiding a knife, not bothered by Elder Zhao's sarcastic tone. Elder Zhao, having faced similar situations before, was helpless and unwilling to continue the confrontation. He just couldn't figure out why Master Ma suddenly provoked him with such words, especially in front of so many juniors.

For Han, listening to their sharp exchanges, he remained unfazed, pretending to be oblivious. But in reality, he understood what was going on – Master Ma was once again trying to drive a wedge between him and other high-ranking members.

After their first encounter, Master Ma had repeatedly hinted at Han to join his faction, aiming to expand his influence with Han's exceptional medical skills. However, Han had no intention of getting involved in the power struggles of the Seven Profound Sect.

Han wasn't being arrogant; his encounters with Doctor Mo and Master Yu Zitong had broadened his horizons. The petty power struggles within the Seven Profound Sect no longer interested him. Even if he had to be a man with power, he wouldn't stoop to be under someone like Master Ma, letting him boss him around.

Han's strength was not weak now, but he also didn't want to offend Master Ma. Thus, he engaged in a delaying tactic, neither agreeing to join nor completely rejecting the offer, just giving vague responses.

This left Master Ma with a headache. Unable to force Han due to his indispensable medical skills, he constantly tried to sabotage Han's interactions with other high-ranking members, stirring up conflicts. Han didn't know if these childish tactics were effective, but so far, no other high-ranking members had bothered him. This unexpected result delighted Han.

Now, Master Ma was doing the same thing again, undoubtedly leaving a bad impression on Elder Zhao.

Seeing this chicken-fighting situation, Ma Rong felt a little panicked and hurriedly continued the introductions.

"This is my Master's wife, Mrs. Li," he pointed to a middle-aged woman with a face somewhat similar to the young girl's.

"This is..."

"This is..."

The young girl, being the youngest, was introduced last. Her name was Zhang Xiuer, unexpectedly Elder Li's niece, which surprised Han.

When it came to Li Feiyu, he deliberately acted as if he didn't know Han, showing a cold and aloof attitude. This made Ma Rong, who was about to introduce them, feel embarrassed and hurriedly whispered to Han:

"Law Protector Li always behaves like this. It's not directed at you, Young Doctor Han, please don't take it to heart."

Han smiled faintly, knowing that Li Feiyu didn't want to expose their relationship in front of so many people.

"It's nothing. I won't stoop to the level of some people. Let's focus on Elder Li's condition. Saving a life is more important." Han deliberately teased Li Feiyu.

Ma Rong relaxed when he heard this, leading everyone into the bedroom where the patient was.

After hearing what Han said, Li Feiyu's mouth twitched slightly, seeming indifferent, but when everyone turned away, he suddenly made a face at Han, then immediately resumed his original expression, as if nothing had happened.

Han suppressed the amusement in his heart and ignored him, following Mrs. Li's footsteps to Elder Li's bedside.

As soon as he saw the patient's face, even the usually brave Han couldn't help but inhale sharply. Only now did he understand why other doctors dared not prescribe medicine.

Elder Li, who used to have a kind face, was now unconscious. But from his face to his neck, from his hands to his feet, there were penny-sized poison spots all over, colorful and extremely vivid, shocking to the eye and heart. What troubled Han more was that his lips were turning blue, and his face was shrouded in a layer of black air, indicating deep poisoning. Saving his life would be extremely difficult.