Chapter 72 Extracting Poison

Han Li inwardly complained, but in order to maintain his image as a divine physician, he had to put on a confident and smiling appearance without saying a word.

Han Li's calm demeanor reassured everyone present, making them think that the efficacy of this pill was within his expectations, and their admiration for him grew even stronger.

The head of the Ma family also smiled happily, with a hint of pride in his smile, as if Han Li was already under his control. Perhaps he believed that, for the time being, he was the most likely person to win Han Li over, hence his cheerful demeanor.

However, not long after, the situation changed.

"Oh no!" Zhang Xiu'er exclaimed.

"It seems like the black qi on Uncle's face is coming back."

This sentence startled everyone present. Several impatient people rushed forward to take a closer look, including Elder Zhao.

Upon hearing this, Han Li's heart skipped a beat, but he did not squeeze in with the others to the bedside.

However, Li Shi was a thoughtful and observant person. She immediately stopped the two youngsters and asked them to step back from the bed, leaving space for Han Li, the divine physician, to come forward and diagnose.

Han Li, seeing that there was space in front of the bed, calmly walked forward to observe.

After about half an hour, Han Li finally confirmed that it was not a resurgence of the black qi, but rather that the poison could not be completely cleared, leaving a faint residue of black qi on the face.

After reaching this conclusion, Han Li glanced sideways at Zhang Xiu'er, feeling that the girl was making a fuss over nothing.

Han Li's reproachful gaze went unnoticed by others, but it was noticed by Li Feiyu, who had been focused on Zhang Xiu'er all along. He glared back at Han Li, apparently because Han Li had offended his goddess.

Han Li was speechless. It seemed that Li Feiyu, who had fallen into the trap of love, was prioritizing romance over friendship.

He no longer bothered with this simple-minded fellow who had fallen into the trap of love and instead refocused his attention on examining Li Changlao's condition.

Apart from the black qi not being completely cleared from his face, the poison spots on Li Changlao's body had stopped shrinking and remained the size of soybeans. He was still unconscious due to the remaining poison.

Seeing this, Han Li knew that the follow-up measures he had prepared were necessary. He didn't need to worry about covering up the lies he had told earlier; it was a perfect opportunity to demonstrate his foresight.

"Go fetch a basin and fill it with clean water," Han Li said decisively.

This time, it wasn't Zhang Xiu'er's turn to do the task. Ma Rong promptly responded and hurried out to fetch the water.

Han Li then turned to Elder Qian and the head of the Ma family and said solemnly, "Now I need your help. Use your internal energy to force the remaining poison in Li Changlao's body into specific acupoints. Then, I will use the golden needle blood-letting technique to remove the poisoned blood. Can you do it?"

The head of the Ma family's gaze flickered uncertainly, but he still agreed. Elder Qian nodded coldly, agreeing without hesitation.

"Why do we need them? Can't I do it?" Elder Zhao was unhappy, feeling that Han Li was underestimating him.

Han Li sighed inwardly, realizing that he had to explain things clearly to this stubborn old man.

"Elder Zhao's Mixed Yuan Palm primarily focuses on external martial arts, right? In terms of the purity of internal energy, I still believe that the head of the Ma family and Elder Qian are more suitable," Han Li said in a gentle tone.

"This..."

The other party was speechless at being touched by Han Li's soft approach.

Not paying attention to the somewhat disgruntled Elder Zhao, Han Li addressed the others in the room in a commanding tone:

"Except for the head of the Ma family and Elder Qian, everyone else should leave. The method I'm about to use to detoxify Li Changlao shouldn't be observed by everyone, and the process of treatment requires absolute tranquility, avoiding disturbance."

With these words, the people in the room were stunned. However, Li Shi was the first to understand. She respectfully bowed deeply and said, "Let me take a few people away." Then she quickly left the room, leaving the others in the room to look at each other.

When Ma Rong brought in a basin of clean water, Han Li immediately sent him away and closed the door tightly, leaving everyone outside staring at the closed door.

As time passed slowly, no one knew how long it had been, but the door to the bedroom remained closed, and there was no sound coming from inside.

This unusual calm made everyone waiting for news restless and uneasy. A shadow crept up on everyone's hearts silently, and even Li Shi, who was originally composed, began to feel restless. Not to mention the fiery-tempered Elder Zhao, who had already walked countless circles around the living room.

Just when everyone waiting in the living room had completely lost patience, with a creak, the door of the bedroom was opened from the inside.

All eyes reflexively turned to the door, and the atmosphere immediately became heavy and tense.

Han Li, with a tired look on his face, slowly walked out from inside. Seeing the solemn expressions on everyone's faces, he smiled slightly:

"It's all right now. The remaining poison has been completely removed, and Li Changlao just needs to rest for another night. He will wake up on his own tomorrow."

Han Li's words were confident, and in fact, even he himself did not expect the process of removing the residual poison to go so smoothly, without any twists or turns.

Upon hearing this good news, everyone, one by one, smiled with joy, and their previously heavy hearts were completely swept away. Several impatient people were about to rush in to see, but Han Li reached out and stopped them.

"Uncle Li's body is still weak now, and it's not advisable to have too many people making noise. Also, the head of the Ma family and Elder Qian are seriously injured due to expelling the poison and are currently recuperating. I think it's better to have fewer people go in, preferably just Madam Li," Han Li said to Li Shi solemnly.

Upon hearing this good news, Li Shi had no other opinions. She nodded hurriedly and agreed, too preoccupied to thank Han Li, and quickly went into the bedroom alone