Chapter 160 Blood Prohibition Trial

After listening, Han Li knew that the other party's advice was well-intentioned, so he reluctantly agreed a few times, and then changed the subject, finally asking about the main ingredients of the Foundation Establishment Pill.

"Do you want to know the origin of Yu Sui Zhi and other spiritual medicines?" Wu Feng asked in surprise.

"Yes, Brother, you've been in the sect for so many years, you should know something, right?" Han Li asked eagerly.

Wu Feng pondered for a moment before saying, "I do know some, but I advise you to give up on this idea! It's not only extremely dangerous, but also impossible to approach under normal circumstances. You can only enter with the help of senior sect members at specific times and places."

Initially excited to hear that the other party knew something, Han Li was then surprised by the following words and quickly asked for more information.

It turns out that such spiritual medicines had become rare in the cultivation world a long time ago and had disappeared from ordinary places. Now the only place where they could be found was in so-called forbidden areas.

Since these places were referred to as forbidden areas by cultivators, they were undoubtedly extremely dangerous, often located in remote and hostile environments. Some were even the lairs of demons and required battling through, while others contained ancient prohibitions that needed to be broken through with great effort to enter.

The Foundation Establishment Pill main ingredients of various cultivation sects in Yueguo, such as the Huangfeng Valley, came from the latter type of forbidden area, a place sealed by ancient wind-related prohibitions.

The prohibitions there were extremely powerful, and originally, the strength of their cultivation sects was not enough to open them. However, somehow it was discovered that every five years, there would be a five-day period of weakness in the prohibitions. During this time, if several Foundation Establishment cultivators cast their spells together to forcefully break the prohibition, they could temporarily open a passage with the help of a certain number of cultivators.

But when the passage appeared and all cultivators attempted to enter, another unexpected situation arose.

All cultivators beyond the Foundation Establishment stage were blocked by another strange prohibition inside, while those in the Qi Refinement stage could enter without hindrance and collect large quantities of rare spiritual medicines, bringing them out.

This discovery immediately caused a sensation in the cultivation world of Yueguo, so every five years, each of the seven major sects would send a group of cultivators below the Foundation Establishment stage into the forbidden area to collect a large number of spiritual medicines, with the main ingredients of the Foundation Establishment Pill being the top priority.

At the beginning, cultivators from various sects could still respect each other's actions and act independently. For the selected cultivators, it was a great opportunity. However, as the years went by and the supply of spiritual medicines inside the forbidden areas dwindled, disputes and conflicts between sects over rare herbs became increasingly common. In one incident several hundred years ago, disciples even lost their lives in the struggle.

The loss of life in that incident led to a complete breakdown of relations between the major sects, who openly advocated for a survival of the fittest, might makes right approach, encouraging disciples to fight for resources and turning the forbidden area expeditions into blood-soaked trials.

As a result, spiritual medicines gradually became scarcer, and the fights inside the forbidden areas became more intense and bloody with each passing year.

In recent decades, due to the extreme brutality of the battles, less than a quarter of those who entered the forbidden areas could return alive, and among the survivors, only a small fraction could bring out spiritual medicines, let alone exchange them for Foundation Establishment Pills.

Han Li was dismayed after hearing all of this.

In the end, full of concerns, he learned that the next "Blood Prohibition Trial" was to take place in half a year. Upon Wu Feng's advice, he left the Transmission Hall and returned to the Hundred Herbs Garden.

For the next few days, Han Li spent his time in a state of dejection, repeatedly weighing the pros and cons and the risks involved in the matter, trying to make a wise decision.

It was apparent that in Yueguo, these three types of spiritual medicines couldn't be found outside the forbidden areas. Otherwise, the seven major sects wouldn't need to engage in bloodshed every five years, weakening themselves internally.

If Han Li didn't want to take such a risk, his only hope was that spiritual medicines could still be found outside Yueguo. Otherwise, his hopes of achieving Foundation Establishment would be dashed, and he would be reduced to a pile of bones in a hundred years. However, upon careful consideration, he realized that the chances of finding spiritual medicines outside the country were extremely slim, almost nonexistent.

But if he really participated in the "Blood Prohibition Trial," the death rate of over three-quarters was too high! The possibility of him meeting his end was extremely high! This dilemma left Han Li in a quandary!