Chapter 162 Treasure Pavilion

The marketplace of Huangfeng Valley looked very much like the Qingniu Town in Han Li's hometown, with only one street running through it. The street was oriented in a north-south direction, with dozens of buildings at the southern end, ranging from tall buildings to small houses, presenting a varied landscape.

These were all the industries of Huangfeng Valley, but only a small portion of them were personally managed by disciples of Huangfeng Valley, while the other large portion was rented to cultivation families and casual cultivators who did business here year-round. Most of them were shops selling raw materials, talismans, and magical instruments, as well as a bookstore specializing in selling elementary-level spells, and two restaurants and inns for people's daily needs.

In addition to the low-level disciples of Huangfeng Valley, there were also a certain number of Foundation Establishment experts stationed here year-round to maintain order and prevent disturbances.

The northern part of the street was empty, reserved for temporary stalls set up by visiting cultivators. As long as they handed over a low-grade spirit stone to the disciples managing this area, outsiders could set up stalls on the empty ground on both sides of the street for the whole day without any interference. Moreover, during the stall period, they would also be protected by these disciples, so there was no need to fear retaliation from enemies.

With these measures encouraging foreign cultivators to do business here, coupled with the special geographical environment of the marketplace, Huangfeng Valley's marketplace flourished year by year. Some rare items occasionally flowed out of the marketplace, attracting more cultivators to come here to seek treasures.

However, to avoid arousing suspicion, Han Li didn't enter the marketplace from the most convenient southern entrance. Instead, he took a detour and entered from the north, covering his face with a green cloak to prevent anyone from recognizing him.

By the time he arrived, it was already afternoon, and the main street of the marketplace seemed sparsely populated. However, this was quite normal because this marketplace was not as bustling as secular marketplaces, attracting only a select few cultivators. Having this many people was already considered good.

Realizing this, Han Li chuckled to himself and headed towards the small stalls on both sides of the street. He planned to see if there was anything noteworthy at these stalls before visiting the larger shops.

After looking around, Han Li felt somewhat disappointed. Most of the items on these small stalls were of no use to him except for a few, which were barely acceptable. Buying them would only waste spirit stones. He didn't waste any more time and headed straight to the larger shops.

"Seven Wonders Pavilion,"

"Fengqi Pavilion,"

"Tiangong Building,"

...

This time, Han Li didn't casually enter a shop. Instead, he strolled along the street, carefully remembering the names and sizes of these shops before finally choosing the most imposing and frequented pavilion — the Treasure Pavilion — to enter.

Just by the name of the shop, one could tell that the owner was very confident in his goods. Han Li also hoped that there were indeed some rare treasures here that would not let him leave empty-handed.

As soon as he entered, Han Li was slightly taken aback.

The bright hall, spacious enough to accommodate dozens of people without feeling crowded, was lined with long counters made of precious redwood, and there were seven or eight servants in uniform blue shirts, giving the whole place a sense of grandeur.