Chapter 89: Spear and Shield

Han Li glanced at Sect Master Wang and saw Wang Juechu's expression darken as he consulted with three other people beside him, all of whom had a weathered look, apparently finding the golden light on the dwarf troublesome.

The golden-robed man chuckled again, tilting his head back arrogantly with nostrils flared, then arrogantly shouted, "This elder will stand still, and you can attack as you please. If anyone can break through this elder's Diamond Invulnerability Technique, then perhaps this elder will spare your insignificant lives." He then mocked laughter once more.

This speech thoroughly infuriated the Seven Profound Sect disciples who had previously felt some trepidation towards the golden light barrier. Immediately, several martial experts among them wanted to rush out of the crowd towards the dwarf, but Sect Master Wang stopped them.

With a wave of his hand, Wang Juechu called back the guards on the field and whispered a few words to one of the three burly men beside him. The man nodded and strode forward confidently, stepping up to the dwarf.

The dwarf glared at the burly man with a venomous look in his eyes. Because of his congenital physical disability, he had been mocked since childhood and harbored a special hatred for tall, strong men like the one before him. He was already considering what cruel methods to use to torture the man.

The burly man, who bared his chest, was one of Sect Master Wang's three senior brothers. Despite his scruffy appearance, one might mistake him for a brute, but in fact, he was well past middle age. As a former renowned warrior of the Seven Profound Sect, he had slain countless enemies. Faced with this strange golden barrier, he naturally wouldn't act recklessly.

He carefully examined the golden light and then glanced at the golden-robed man. With a grin, he suddenly extended two fingers and lightly tapped the barrier, emitting a crisp sound.

This casual gesture from the burly man infuriated the golden-robed man, who sinisterly said, "Do you wish to meet your end sooner, you brute?"

The burly man remained unfazed, taking a step to the side of the dwarf. With another step forward, he appeared behind the dwarf.

In this manner, the burly man began circling around the golden-robed man, gradually increasing his pace until his figure became blurry, making it impossible to discern his movements.

The constant spinning disoriented the golden-robed man, fueling his rage. He reached into his robes, seemingly attempting to retrieve something.

The burly man, observing from behind, naturally noticed the golden-robed man's actions. With a sudden roar that sounded like a dragon's roar mixed with a tiger's growl, he caused everyone on Sunset Peak to tremble, even causing nearby trees to sway slightly.

The golden-robed man, hearing the roar, felt weakened in his limbs, unable to retract his hand from his robes.

Suddenly, a series of crisp popping sounds came from the burly man's body, progressively increasing in speed until they merged into one continuous noise, almost drowning out the roar.

As the burly man circled back to the front of the dwarf, his body stopped expanding, and both the roar and popping sounds ceased abruptly.

At this moment, the onlookers, who had just recovered from their daze, noticed that the burly man's body had inexplicably grown larger, his muscles on his chest and arms bulging like black iron. Compared to the dwarf, he now appeared like a giant.

Taking advantage of this brief respite, the golden-robed man finally retrieved a long, black wooden box from his robes. The box was covered in a layer of black and sealed with a piece of paper, apparently containing something valuable.

Before the dwarf could tear open the paper seal, the giant-like burly man raised his massive hand like a palm leaf fan and ruthlessly slammed it onto the golden barrier. The impact caused the golden light to sway and distort, making the dwarf's figure shake uncontrollably, preventing him from removing the paper seal.

The golden-robed man's face showed a hint of joy as he finally tore off the paper seal with a "rip."

Just then, a series of thudding sounds came from the barrier, and the golden light surrounding the dwarf fluctuated violently. Under the relentless onslaught of punches and kicks, the barrier seemed to deform like kneaded dough, becoming concave and convex with each strike, on the verge of shattering.

Seeing this, the golden-robed man's expression changed drastically. He could no longer maintain his demeanor and began frantically chanting spells. Unfortunately, in his panic, he made numerous mistakes, but the black box remained unchanged.

Watching all of this from behind, Jia Tianlong was somewhat astonished. On one hand, he was speechless at the golden-robed man's foolish behavior, and on the other hand, he was shocked by the martial arts prowess of Sect Master Wang's senior brother. He had personally tested the golden barrier's strength before and knew how impervious it was. Yet now, it was trembling and deforming under this man's relentless assault.

It was truly incredible, and Jia Tianlong, for the first time, felt a twinge of regret for agreeing to the deathmatch so hastily. Now he realized why the other party was so confident in requesting a deathmatch. With three monstrous experts like this, even he would be eager to engage in a bloody battle.

With this in mind, Jia Tianlong looked at the struggling dwarf, considering whether he should send someone to assist this esteemed elder. Otherwise, he might perish without even using his renowned Flying Sword Technique.