Chapter 133: Theft Technique

"Ah! I'm Wu Jiuzhi. The moment I laid eyes on you, I felt a special connection. Perhaps we were destined to meet in a past life! Come on, let's become sworn brothers and share some blood wine!"

As soon as the Taoist's words fell, the jovial fellow darted over, grabbed Han Li's arm, and spoke with deep sincerity.

Han Li was initially startled, but then chuckled.

"Becoming brothers is fine, but please refrain from casually groping me. I have no interest in innocent and pure young men!"

Han Li joked with a smile, swiftly lifting the man's wrist, which had sneakily slipped into his garment.

"Ahem! How strange, how did my hand end up in your embrace? It must have been eager to greet you!"

The youth was caught red-handed by Han Li and blushed at first, but after a few awkward coughs and excuses, he calmly withdrew his wrist.

Han Li didn't intend to hold onto him, so he released his grip casually if the youth exerted force.

At that moment, Han Li became interested in this individual named Wu Jiuzhi. Though he was a cultivator, he employed the techniques of a thief from the secular world, sneaking around to pilfer. It was quite intriguing.

However, his technique was quite advanced and proficient. If Han Li hadn't practiced similar clandestine arts, he might not have noticed the fellow's slight movements. Undoubtedly, many people in the room had fallen victim to his antics. It seemed that even Hu Pinggu, the woman, had endured his mischief.

"Little Wu, you've met your match, haven't you? Caught red-handed by Han Li right on the spot! What's all this boasting about your superior thieving skills? Engaging in such petty theft!"

"You say what, you little brat! I haven't settled accounts with you yet for the last time you pilfered from my lady!"

Hu Pinggu leaped up from her chair with a grim expression, while her husband, Big Beard, though silent, kept a hand on the large knife at his back, glaring angrily at the youth. Later, Han Li learned that this Big Beard was actually a mute, so everything revolved around his wife.

"Alright! We are cultivators, and harmony should prevail. Both of you should step back and cease this argument."

Upon seeing this, the Taoist furrowed his brow but intervened to mediate. Then, he specifically addressed Wu Jiuzhi with seriousness.

"Wu brother, I know you steal things just for fun, and you always return them to their rightful owners without malice. But your actions may eventually lead to trouble. Not everyone is as easygoing as the people whose items you've pilfered. If you provoke cultivators or their clans, even those of us who want to help you may not be able to stand up for you. So, it's better not to play such pranks on fellow cultivators!"

Upon hearing the Taoist's earnest plea, Wu Jiuzhi felt somewhat embarrassed. He scratched the back of his head and sincerely replied, "Actually, I stumbled upon this thieving technique on my way to the Southern Valley. It seemed fun, so I started practicing it unconsciously. I didn't mean any harm to anyone. But since Han brother can foil my attempts, it shows that there are even more formidable individuals at the gathering. So, rest assured, I won't risk my life for such jokes during the event."

The Taoist was pleased to hear this and expressed his heartfelt gratitude. "Wu brother, your talent is exceptional, reaching the peak of the eighth level at such a young age. You're truly a prodigy among us wandering cultivators. But please take good care of yourself!"

"I won't disappoint the Taoist's high expectations. Please take care of me in the future!" Wu Jiuzhi respectfully bowed to everyone, and thus, the conflict was resolved.

Although Hu Pinggu still wore a somewhat aggrieved expression, her complexion improved significantly, indicating that she had reluctantly accepted the youth's goodwill.

The others also showed expressions of "You're really lucky!" towards him.

Han Li smiled without saying a word, inwardly amused by the situation.

At this point, the Taoist seemed to remember something and suddenly addressed everyone with a solemn expression.

"Oh right, after the Southern Valley event ends, don't rush to leave! I've heard that several wandering cultivators like us have inexplicably disappeared after previous events. Everyone should be cautious! I believe none of you would want to miss the Ascension Ceremony on the Misty Sky Platform! It's safer to travel together!"

Upon hearing the Taoist's warning about the disappearances of wandering cultivators after previous events, the expressions of Blackwood, Hu Pinggu, and her husband turned pale. Wu Jiuzhi and the other disciple looked puzzled, while Huang Xiaotian's face darkened.

"Yes, Master Qingwen's words make sense. We brothers agree. It's best to travel together."

"We don't object either!"

Blackwood and Hu Pinggu and her husband all agreed, showing that they were quite wary of the matter.