Chapter 61: Divine Annihilation

Yuzitong's divine soul was trapped in a narrow corner, like a fly with broken wings, flailing about aimlessly. Every time it attempted to fly out, it was forced back by a stream of black liquid, followed by deadly flashes of cold light hacking at the luminous sphere, constantly weakening its green glow.

He felt despair. Though the opponent's blade had weakened his divine soul considerably, he wasn't overly concerned about it. What left him helpless was the relentless erosion caused by the black fluid.

Ever since being sprayed with the liquid, he felt a tingling weakness in his divine soul, and his remaining spiritual power was being gradually worn away. Even more fatal was that it hindered Yuzitong from casting spells, causing his spells to repeatedly fail, as if he was being constrained.

"Why are you killing me? Why?" Faced with Han Li's ruthless attacks, Yuzitong's hoarse cries occasionally echoed from the luminous sphere, filled with deep-seated resentment. However, Han Li remained silent, responding only with relentless swings of his sword.

Before long, Yuzitong's voice grew weaker and weaker, until all that remained was a faint whimper, then silence.

Han Li didn't immediately stop, instead delivering a dozen more strikes to the dimly glowing remnants of Yuzitong's divine soul, until it was evident that even the last vestiges of green light couldn't be extinguished. Only then did he sheathe his sword, coiling it back into his belt.

At this moment, Han Li spoke coldly, "I never collaborate with those who swear oaths using their parents as collateral. Let alone trust the promises of scoundrels like you, following in the footsteps of Doctor Mo."

With a disdainful glance at the faint remnants of Yuzitong's divine soul, Han Li turned decisively and pushed open the heavy door, allowing several dazzling rays of sunlight to pierce into the room, illuminating the remains of the divine soul. With a "pu" sound, the feeble green light flickered and extinguished, dissolving into wisps of blue smoke, disappearing into the air.

In this way, every trace left by Yuzitong in the world was thoroughly erased by Han Li, leaving no clues behind.

Han Li knew that divine souls were sensitive to light, thanks to Doctor Mo's habit of extinguishing many lamps upon entering a room. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to deal with this last hidden danger, leaving Han Li in constant anxiety.

However, the ease with which Han Li extinguished Yuzitong's divine soul was also due to another factor: the vial of Seven Poison Water he had prepared in advance.

This vial of poison, a refinement of the Five Poison Water previously confiscated by Doctor Mo, had added a material called "Earth Mushroom." This poisonous plant not only had a strong toxicity to ordinary people but also posed a significant hindrance to the divine souls of cultivators. Hence, Yuzitong had been unable to cast spells smoothly, and his divine soul had been easily extinguished.

Although Han Li's poison had not been effective, he had successfully used the vial of Seven Poison Water to spray Yuzitong's divine soul. Inspired by various legends, Han Li treated Yuzitong's divine soul as if it were a monster, leading to this fortuitous coincidence. Whether Yuzitong, in the afterlife, would be angered to the point of spitting blood again, was unknown.

Of course, Han Li was unaware of all these coincidences. All he knew was that even if the poison had not been effective, Yuzitong's divine soul would still have been extinguished without a doubt. With this comprehensive consideration in mind, he had mercilessly struck down Yuzitong.

Now that he was finally liberated, he no longer had to live under the constant threat of being held at knifepoint, ready to flee at any moment.

Han Li walked slowly back to the center of the stone room, standing there quietly for a moment. Suddenly, he jumped up, three feet off the ground, and roared loudly, venting the joy in his heart, truly returning to his nature as a sixteen-year-old boy.

"I'm finally free!"
"I'm finally free!"
"I—" But with a sudden snap, Han Li's voice stopped abruptly, as if cut off by a knife. A giant figure, hovering not far from the stone door, caught his eye—it was the hulking man known as "Iron Slave."

Han Li's expression turned ugly at the sight, as if feeling a dull ache in his shoulders. He had made a big mistake again, neglecting the existence of this person and forgetting to inquire about the origin and weaknesses of Iron Slave from Yuzitong's divine soul.

However, to Han Li's slight relief, Iron Slave seemed uninterested in what was happening inside the room, only pacing back and forth outside, strictly following Doctor Mo's orders and showing no signs of approaching the open door.

Faced with this situation, Han Li felt that things were getting complicated. This giant man was clearly somewhat slow-witted, blindly obedient to orders. But for Han Li, such a person was the most difficult to deal with because he couldn't be persuaded with words to stop fighting and make peace. And once he started, Han Li was no match for him. The only thing that could threaten Iron Slave was the vial of poison, now empty.

Han Li paced back and forth in the room, racking his brains to find a way to deal with him. But for the time being, his mind was as tangled as a ball of yarn.

By chance, Han Li's gaze fell on Doctor Mo's corpse.

This sparked an idea.

"Perhaps I can find some means to control Iron Slave from the corpse," Han Li thought to himself.

With a glance outside and seeing that Iron Slave was still tirelessly pacing, showing no signs of approaching, Han Li felt relieved. He stepped over to Doctor Mo's corpse and, without hesitation, began to carefully search inch by inch.