Chapter 45: Betrayal and Fangs

Han Li pondered for a moment. It seemed inevitable to let the other party check his cultivation level.

Dr. Mo had readily given him the antidote to the Corpse Worm Pill, showing some sincerity. If Han Li continued to resist, it might arouse Dr. Mo's suspicion, leading to unfavorable consequences. Besides, Han Li had made some preparations in advance for this situation. Even if Dr. Mo turned hostile after checking his pulse, Han Li had a plan to escape.

With these thoughts in mind, Han Li looked up and stared directly into Dr. Mo's eyes, speaking slowly, "Master Mo, based on your prompt delivery of the antidote, this will be my last act of trust in you. I hope you won't disappoint me."

After saying this, he extended his right wrist, cautiously observing Dr. Mo's reaction. He was ready to retract his hand if anything seemed amiss.

Unfortunately, Dr. Mo maintained his fake smile, showing no signs of change. Only when he heard Han Li's agreement did his eyebrows twitch slightly, but he quickly returned to his original expression, indicating he had anticipated Han Li's response.

Without saying a word, Dr. Mo extended his withered left hand and gently placed it on Han Li's wrist. His smile gradually disappeared, replaced by a solemn and dignified expression, as if performing a sacred ritual.

Han Li secretly maintained the energy of the fourth level of the Long Spring Technique. Seeing Dr. Mo's expression, he felt a bit uneasy. His alertness skyrocketed, and his left hand discreetly reached for the hilt of the custom-made short sword at his waist.

Slowly, Dr. Mo's face showed a look of pleasant surprise. He sensed the continuous flow of strange energy in Han Li's meridians, far exceeding his minimum expectations.

Even though he was cunning and scheming, his face couldn't help but break into a genuine smile upon seeing that his carefully planned scheme was about to succeed.

"Excellent! It's really the fourth level of the Long Spring Technique! Haha! This is wonderful! Hahaha!" Dr. Mo burst into laughter without reservation in front of Han Li, the laughter resonating throughout the room. However, he didn't release Han Li's wrist, maintaining his grip firmly.

"Master Mo, what are you doing? Shouldn't you let go?" Han Li's expression turned grim. He realized something was wrong and tried to pull his right hand back, but Dr. Mo held it firmly, preventing any movement.

"Let go? Sure, I'll let go!" Dr. Mo's laughter ceased, replaced by a fierce expression.

He suddenly shouted, "Ha!"

Han Li felt a loud buzzing in his ears, his vision darkened, and he lost his balance. He collapsed to the ground, his left hand, which had been resting on the sword hilt, also lost its strength and slid off.

"Oh no!" Although Han Li's body was unresponsive, his mind remained clear. He realized he had been negligent and was caught off guard by Dr. Mo's sudden attack. At the moment, he could only wait helplessly.

"Young man, you're still too naive. Now, you can't use any tricks, can you?" Dr. Mo saw his plan succeed and couldn't help feeling smug.

"Come here!" Dr. Mo forcefully pulled Han Li toward him, dragging him to his feet. Then, he bent down, extending his right index finger to point directly at the acupoint on Han Li's chest.

"Bang!" Dr. Mo's finger felt like it had struck an iron plate, emitting a dull thud. The front half of his finger was slightly tingling from the rebound, and the acupoint was not successfully activated.

"What's going on?" Dr. Mo was stunned by this unexpected turn of events, feeling a shock in his heart.

"Could he be wearing iron armor under his clothes?" he wondered in astonishment.

He involuntarily glanced at Han Li's clothes, but they seemed too thin to conceal any hidden armor, leaving him puzzled.

In Dr. Mo's moment of distraction, Han Li regained control of his body. His recovery ability, honed through the sixth level of the Long Spring Technique, surpassed Dr. Mo's expectations by far. This was something even Han Li hadn't anticipated.

Dr. Mo decisively pushed aside his doubts and prepared to use another method to subdue Han Li. However, he suddenly felt Han Li's wrist, which he had been gripping tightly, become incredibly slippery and flexible, impossible to control.

Surprised, Dr. Mo applied more force, but with a swish, Han Li's hand slipped out of his grasp like an eel. Dr. Mo was truly astonished this time.

Regardless of Dr. Mo's astonishment, Han Li, with a cold expression, drew the short sword from his waist slowly with his left hand. The sword was only about a foot long, shimmering with a cold light, giving off an aura of sharpness.

"Today, either you die or I die. Only one of us will leave this room alive." Han Li's words were icy, and for the first time in front of Dr. Mo, he revealed his fangs.