Chapter 192: Flying Snakes

After experiencing half a day's journey, Han Li finally arrived at the outskirts of the central area.

To Han Li's surprise, the journey had been uneventful, and he hadn't encountered any other attacks along the way!

Unbeknownst to him, the people who arrived in this direction before him had already been wiped out by the so-called "elites," while those behind him were later eliminated by Feng Yue and Duo Bao. As a result, even if there were a few stragglers left, they knew that they had no hope of obtaining the treasure, so they chose to hide and avoid further danger. This was the ultimate secret to survival for the weak in the Blood Trial!

Han Li had no intention of following their lead in obtaining the Three Essence Main Medicine for Foundation Establishment Pills. Therefore, he stood in front of a wall several zhang high, wearing a strange expression as he examined the wall closely.

Not far from this stone wall was an ancient bronze gate, engraved with many ancient characters that Han Li couldn't understand, similar to patterns.

The bronze gate was now wide open, indicating that someone had entered it.

According to the information in Han Li's mind, there should be four such bronze gates, each corresponding to one of the four directions and serving as the only entrance to the central area. Apart from these gates, the rest of the area was enclosed by seemingly low stone walls.

If anyone wanted to take a shortcut and jump into the central area from the stone wall instead of entering through the bronze gate, they would undoubtedly meet a bad end. They would be shredded into pieces by the wind-based prohibition on the wall.

Of course, Han Li was aware of this, so he had no intention of making the foolish decision to bypass the wall. His strange behavior of staring at the wall was solely because the wall was indeed somewhat different. There were some "things" on it that ordinary walls didn't have.

On this wall, three people with different clothing were pierced through their limbs by thick ice cones, nailed to the wall in a row to form a large character. They had already been dead for some time, as evidenced by their lifeless expressions.

The blood flowing from their limbs had congealed into a dark purple solid, covering both the wall and the nearby ground. Han Li speculated that when these people were nailed to the wall, they were probably still alive, but they eventually bled to death due to excessive blood loss.

There were no clues or marks left near the three corpses. However, with a little thought, anyone could understand. Someone was killing chickens to scare monkeys, establishing dominance over those who came later, and warning others not to enter through this gate!

Han Li looked very carefully at the painful expressions of the three people before their deaths, licked his slightly chapped lips, and then walked towards the bronze gate without any expression, as if the tragic fate of these three individuals had no effect on him.

However, in reality, Han Li was well aware of his own situation, and witnessing the scene just now made him feel extremely uneasy! From the appearance of the three individuals, it was clear that the person who left this method was most likely psychologically twisted. If he fell into the hands of such a person, he would be better off committing suicide to avoid a similar fate.

However, Han Li had already arrived here and naturally couldn't just leave because of this intimidation. Even if there were mountains of swords and seas of flames ahead, he would still plow through.

With a belly full of worries and unease, Han Li stepped through the gate. However, outwardly, he remained calm and composed, as if he were strolling in his own backyard.

As soon as he entered, he was greeted by a picturesque scene of birds chirping and flowers blooming. Various exotic flowers and plants, along with many strange trees, were everywhere. Silver chrysanthemums the size of bowls, blood-red peculiar trees, fragrant purple grass, and thick yellow bamboo as tall as a person—all of these were rare sights rarely seen outside. Among these rare plants, there was a winding and twisting gravel path that led from where Han Li stood to the distant, leaf-covered horizon, seemingly without an end in sight.

Seeing this scene, Han Li was slightly stunned, but he immediately took a deep breath instinctively. Such dense spiritual energy! This spiritual energy, mixed with the rich scent of plants, penetrated deep into his lungs, invigorating Han Li's spirits.

"This is such a blessed place! No wonder it can nurture heavenly and earthly spiritual medicines!" Han Li exclaimed in amazement.

"Kid, have you seen enough?"

"Who's there?"

A voice like a broken gong suddenly sounded, startling Han Li, who couldn't help but ask.

"Hehe! Since you've taken a look, now prepare to die in peace!" The person didn't pay any attention to Han Li's question and instead spoke to himself in a strange tone.

At the same time, two green shadows suddenly darted out from the bushes on one side, silently attacking Han Li from behind.

Although facing away from the green shadows, Han Li's vigilant spiritual sense couldn't escape him. With a slight frown, his upper body remained motionless, but his lower body automatically moved several feet to the side, allowing the two green shadows to pass by on either side of him.

In the haste, Han Li glanced at the green shadows. They were long, slender objects, green all over with faint black stripes, looking rather peculiar.

However, in the chaos, Han Li couldn't afford to think too much. Even though he had easily deflected the attacks, he still wore a serious expression, not daring to be careless. The tragic scene of the three people outside the gate was still vivid in his mind, and he didn't want to meet the same fate.

Therefore, with a serious expression, Han Li's eyes flickered as he scanned his surroundings, trying to find any hidden enemies. But at this moment, a strange whistle suddenly came from the person's mouth, making everyone feel extremely uncomfortable.

Han Li was slightly stunned after hearing it and was about to ponder the other party's intentions, but suddenly his face changed drastically. His entire body inexplicably shot out backwards, flying several zhang away before stopping.

What prompted Han Li to make such a move were the two green shadows that had flown out not far from him. When they were near Han Li, their bodies suddenly twisted and turned, revealing a pair of translucent light green wings.

They turned out to be two flying snakes with green scales and four cold, icy green eyes, grinning as they prepared to attack Han Li once again.

"Kid, you're pretty fast! But no matter how fast you are, can you outrun these two Mountain Barbarian Flying Snakes? Or just let my beloved snakes bite you, and there will be no more pain!" The person's voice suddenly recognized the Cloud-Stepping Boots on Han Li's feet, filled with incredulity. He immediately shouted, calling for a temporary ceasefire. It was unclear how he managed to stop the two snakes, causing them to halt in their tracks and disappear into the bushes.

Upon hearing this, Han Li furrowed his brows and hesitated for a moment before deciding not to throw out the talisman in his hand. However, he kept his other hand cautiously on his storage pouch.