Chapter 17: Brother Li (Part One)

Between the two combatants, blades flashed and shadows danced as they twisted and turned, their weapons forming two clusters of cold light that collided frequently, making it difficult to determine who had the upper hand.

Han Li watched for a while but couldn't discern a clear winner. He simply found the fight between the two very exciting and entertaining. He couldn't tell which moves were effective or futile, let alone who was more skilled. Such matters were beyond the understanding of an outsider like him.

"Han Junior Brother, I wonder which senior brother you're studying under now. I assume your cultivation has advanced significantly since your seclusion?" Little Calculator couldn't hold back any longer and respectfully inquired about Han Li's lineage.

In the Seven Profounds Sect, after two years of basic training at the Hundred Forging Hall, each inner disciple would be sent to an older disciple to formally become their apprentice and learn more advanced martial arts. After completing their apprenticeship, these disciples would assume specific roles within the sect.

However, if a disciple showed outstanding performance during the entrance test, they could skip the two years of basic training and directly enter the Seven Wonders Hall, becoming an inner disciple directly under the tutelage of several sect masters, who would impart the sect's secret techniques. This was like a fish leaping through the dragon gate, achieving great success in one leap.

During the two years of basic training, if someone showed exceptional talent, they might catch the eye of elders, hall masters, or senior disciples, and be taken as a personal disciple. While the future of these disciples might not be as bright as those directly under the sect masters, they would receive more opportunities than ordinary disciples.

Upon hearing that Han Li had recently emerged from seclusion, coupled with the fact that Little Calculator had never seen him before, he naturally assumed that Han Li was the disciple of a high-ranking figure within the sect. Thus, he respectfully inquired, hoping to establish a relationship.

"A few years ago, I was taken in by a certain elder as his disciple. It's not appropriate for me to reveal his name." Although Han Li's words were true, he intentionally feigned shyness, adding a touch of pride.

"Is that so? Han Senior Brother is truly fortunate. With such a prestigious master, your future prospects must be bright. If there's a chance, I hope Senior Brother can mentor me." Little Calculator, upon hearing that Han Li didn't want to disclose his master's name, didn't mind. After all, any elder would be stronger than his own master, but his tone changed immediately.

"Han Senior Brother, it's obvious you're no ordinary person. Your future success is assured." He continued flattering.

"This person has a dark complexion and looks quite foolish. How could he be taken as a disciple by an elder? I'm much smarter than him, yet I haven't caught the eye of any influential figures." Little Calculator thought to himself, but his expression became even more respectful.

Han Li couldn't help but smile inwardly at the sudden change in attitude from "Junior Brother Han" to "Senior Brother Han". However, he didn't look down on him. After all, it was natural for people to seek advancement, and who wouldn't want to climb higher? Besides, from his name alone, Han Li could tell that Little Calculator was someone who was shrewd and adept at maneuvering.

However, he would be sorely disappointed. While Han Li's previous statement was not false, the identity of his master was only a façade. In reality, he was just an ordinary disciple within the Seven Profounds Sect, easily defeated by any random disciple. Little Calculator had chosen the wrong tree to lean on.

While Han Li chuckled inwardly, he continued to politely listen to Little Calculator's flattery, occasionally responding with a few courteous words.

"Han Senior Brother, with your formidable martial arts skills, if you were to participate, you could surely defeat the person wielding the sword effortlessly, and..." Little Calculator continued to heap praise while also carefully observing Han Li's every move.

"Strange, disciples under elders should have profound inner energy and strong martial arts skills. But why can't I see the depth of this person's cultivation? His temples aren't slightly protruding, nor do his eyes reveal any martial prowess. He seems like someone unfamiliar with martial arts." Little Calculator became increasingly puzzled as he observed.

"The winner has been decided." Han Li's light voice interrupted his thoughts.

Startled, Little Calculator quickly turned his gaze back to the arena.

Sure enough, the person wielding the knife had discarded his weapon, his arm oozing blood as he grimaced, clearly not accepting his defeat gracefully. It was understandable; both combatants were evenly matched, and he had only lost due to a slight miscalculation.

Little Calculator looked on with regret, repeatedly lamenting, "What a pity."

"What's so regrettable about it?" Han Li couldn't see anything remarkable, but since there was someone nearby who could explain, it would be a waste not to ask.

"In this match, if the person from Wang Dapang's side had won, they would have won three rounds, and there would be no need for another match. What a pity they didn't win!"

"Oh."

"But it's okay. Now it's the final round. The person representing Wang Dapang's side is the most skilled among us disciples. His Thunderous Blade Technique is exceptionally powerful, capable of shattering rocks and breaking metal. Haha! Being able to witness Brother Li's mastery of the blade is a treat. No matter who Zhang Changgui sends out, we're sure to win." At first, Little Calculator felt a bit dejected, but he soon became excited, displaying full confidence in Brother Li.

"Is it already the final round? 'Han Li asked casually, wondering who this Brother Li was. He didn't recognize him as someone from his side.

At this moment, a cold-looking youth emerged from Wang Dapang's side. He held a dazzling long knife and stepped into the center of the arena. Without a word, he closed his eyes.

"Brother Li! Brother Li! Brother Li!"

Seeing this youth's appearance, the spectators outside the arena became excited, chanting his name in unison, their voices growing louder and louder. At this moment, it was no longer about rich or poor disciples; everyone cheered unanimously for this youth.