Chapter 34: Blinking Sword Technique

"The Blinking Sword Technique?" Han Li repeated the name of the technique to himself.

"Yeah, what does sword technique have to do with blinking? Isn't the name funny?"

"Have you practiced this sword technique?" Han Li asked with concern.

"Of course not. Who would practice martial arts without even using true qi? Isn't that just showing off? Let alone me, no one has practiced it since it was created."

"I heard that if it weren't for the elder who created it, who saved the Seven Profound Sect several times before his death and left a will to include this sword technique in the Seven Exquisites Hall, this Blinking Sword Technique would never have been considered as part of the hall's martial arts."

Lì Fēiyǔ, contrary to his cold appearance, was quite talkative. Before Han Li could even ask, he spilled all the details about this sword technique. Of course, this talkative nature of his only revealed itself in front of Han Li. Outside, in front of other fellow disciples, he became the cool idol "Senior Brother Lì."

After listening to Lì Fēiyǔ's description, Han Li's intuition told him vaguely that this was what he had been searching for all along.

"Senior Brother Lì, can you transcribe a copy of this sword technique for me and take it out of the Seven Exquisites Hall?"

"Hehe, no problem. For other martial arts, it's difficult for me to transcribe them for you because they are checked and inspected by someone every day. But this Blinking Sword Technique is stored in a corner where no one pays attention. However, transcribing it would be too troublesome. Why don't I just sneak the original manual out for you? Once you've memorized or copied it, I'll quietly put it back. No one will notice." Lì Fēiyǔ suggested a bolder plan nonchalantly.

Seeing his confidence, Han Li agreed to his proposal.

He was originally worried about Lì Fēiyǔ's habit of being careless, afraid that he might miss a few parts while transcribing the technique, causing misunderstandings. Now, getting the original manual would be even better.

"Alright, it's getting late. I should go back to practice. Otherwise, I'll be caught sneaking out by the Seven Exquisites Hall's supervisor again." Lì Fēiyǔ wiped himself dry, put on his clothes, and prepared to leave.

Han Li didn't say anything more, just reminded him to be careful when taking the manual and not to get caught.

Lì Fēiyǔ turned around casually, waved his hand with the back of his hand, and slowly climbed out of the nearby cave.

Watching his figure gradually disappear at the entrance of the cave, the smile on Han Li's face also gradually faded, revealing a hint of gloom.

Not long after Lì Fēiyǔ left, Han Li returned to the Valley of the Divine Hand.

As soon as he entered the valley, Han Li saw the tall mysterious man.

He stood motionless outside Doctor Mo's house, leaning against the door, wearing a cloak, seemingly unaffected by the scorching sun of summer.

Han Li stood by the door of his own house, stopped his steps, and looked at this man who never spoke.

Since being threatened by Doctor Mo, Han Li had been very interested in this man who never showed his true face. It seemed that he was naturally mute. Since coming to the valley, he had never spoken a word.

What was even more strange was that this man's physical strength was astonishing. Standing still like this, he could stay that way for a whole day without showing any signs of fatigue. In Han Li's mind, he had long crowned him with the title of "monster."

Han Li had tried to communicate with him before, but this man was like a piece of wood, completely unresponsive. No matter how eloquent Han Li was, he ignored him.

Han Li was completely impressed by Doctor Mo's ability to turn a living body into a puppet without any weaknesses.

Obedience, astonishing physical strength, never speaking, and lacking any emotions—although Han Li didn't know how strong his martial arts were, he definitely wouldn't be weak. This was his final judgment on this man.

Han Li knew that this man might become another trump card for Doctor Mo, but he had no way to find any flaws in him.

The only thing that puzzled Han Li was that occasionally when he looked at the man's back, he would feel a sense of familiarity, as if he had seen a similar figure there before. But when he tried to recall, he couldn't remember seeing a similar back of someone he knew.

After watching for a while, Han Li sighed, closed the door, and returned to his room. He knew that without Doctor Mo's command, this man would not rest.

Feeling somewhat disturbed, Han Li leaped onto his bed in one stride, lay down, put his hands behind his head, and closed his eyes.

He replayed the few moves he had learned from Lì Fēiyǔ today in his mind and simulated them with his brain. He divided the details of each move into several segments and carefully pondered them.

This was the ability Han Li gained when he reached the fifth level of the Spring Longevity Technique, the ability to remember everything at a glance.

With this advantage, he could memorize any martial arts technique in his mind, play it back countless times, and refine it in his mind. This was also the reason why Lì Fēiyǔ thought he was a genius.

Two months ago, Han Li relied on the effects of two holy medicines to forcibly break through the fourth level of the Spring Longevity Technique and reached the fifth level.

The effects of the Yellow Dragon Pill and the Golden Marrow Pill were far beyond Han Li's expectations. He underestimated the tremendous power of those few recipes. These medicated pills were truly invaluable treasures.

However, the two kinds of marrow-washing spirit medicines had also been used up by more than half. The remaining ones should barely be enough for him to cultivate the sixth level of the Spring Longevity Technique. He was quite looking forward to what surprises the sixth level would bring him.

There was only a little over half a year left before the final deadline set by Doctor Mo. Although Han Li had learned some moves from Lì Fēiyǔ, because he didn't have compatible internal energy, they could only be considered superficial skills.

It might be useful against someone with rudimentary martial arts skills, but if used against Doctor Mo, it would be like hitting a stone with an egg—there would be no turning back.

Han Li felt somewhat worried and annoyed. His Spring Longevity Technique was good in every aspect, except that it couldn't be used in real combat.

He could only hope for the Blinking Sword Technique now and hoped it would bring him a surprise.