Chapter 24, "Frightening Calm"

Watching the rabbits in front of him continue to expand and swell.
Han Li realized that something was wrong and suddenly remembered something. He threw the porcelain bowl, which had been regarded as poisonous, to the side of the medicinal field, then turned and ran until he stopped several dozen feet away from the rabbits.
Just as he was about to look back, two simultaneous explosions sounded. Han Li shuddered, turned around to look, and indeed saw that the two rabbits had been split open, blown into several pieces, with blood and flesh scattered all over the ground. Two pits appeared where the rabbits were tied, and the surroundings were full of scattered rabbit remnants, blood, and flesh, making it a gruesome scene.
Han Li breathed a sigh of relief and sat down on the ground. If he hadn't reacted quickly enough, he might have been affected by the explosion of the rabbits. Although he might not have been seriously injured, being covered in rabbit blood and flesh would have been uncomfortable.
When he calmed down, Han Li stood up and walked to the vicinity of the pit. He looked at the bloody scene and then at the shattered porcelain bowl in the medicinal field. He was speechless.
Han Li had thought he would discover some miraculous medicine from the green liquid, but he didn't expect it to be such a terrifying substance. Poison was poison, but to let the rabbits die so tragically! Han Li had encountered deadly poisons before during his years with Doctor Mo, and he had seen many deadly toxins, but none had caused such terrifying results as what he saw with the rabbits.
Fortunately, Han Li had a strong psychological endurance. Despite the environment, he was still able to stay calm and think for a while before deciding to leave.
It was almost noon, and he needed to deliver the prepared secret medicine to Senior Li. He decided to leave all the troubles here until later and returned to his residence. After resting for a while, he carried the medicine and headed to the entrance of the Valley of the Hands.
Han Li was punctual, arriving at the valley entrance just at noon. However, Senior Li, who had been anxiously waiting, was already there.
He was the only one at the exit of the valley, wearing a white silk robe, but still carrying the long knife that had left a deep impression on Han Li. When Han Li arrived, Senior Li showed a hint of relief, his lips curled into a smile.
"Han Junior Brother, you're really punctual! It's exactly noon when you said it would be noon. I've been waiting for almost half an hour." Senior Li said half-jokingly and half-complainingly.
"I'm sorry, I spent too much time preparing the medicine yesterday, and I slept in a bit this morning. After dealing with everything, it was already noon." Han Li replied, half-truthfully.
"Han Junior Brother, the medicine, is it ready?" Senior Li, anxious, asked with a hint of panic in his voice.
Han Li didn't answer Senior Li's question directly. Instead, he smiled calmly and slowly took out a palm-sized medicine packet from his arms. With a flick of his wrist, he threw the medicine to Senior Li.
"Before taking the marrow pill, first dissolve a spoonful of powder from the medicine packet in cold boiled water. It can alleviate the pain you suffer." Han Li instructed.
"Thank you, Han Junior Brother! Thank you, Han Junior Brother!" Senior Li exclaimed with joy. Just to alleviate a bit of the pain when taking the marrow pill would be a great relief for him. The pain he experienced when taking the marrow pill was chilling. He had taken many painkillers before, but none had any effect. Since Han Junior Brother knew all the characteristics of the marrow pill and had taken it himself, maybe this medicine would really work.
"You don't have to thank me yet. Wait until the medicine really works before thanking me. Also, this is only a year's worth of medicine. I've run out of medicinal materials now. I'll help you make more when I have enough materials." Han Li said frankly.
"It's okay. There's enough for a year's use. Whether this medicine works or not, Han Junior Brother's intentions are appreciated." Senior Li got what he wanted, and his expression returned to normal. He didn't act pretentiously and straightforwardly expressed his gratitude to Han Li.
Han Li smiled faintly and said nothing more, taking the initiative to bid farewell and leave.
With the secret medicine in his hand, Senior Li also wanted to hurry back to test its effectiveness. He didn't try to stop Han Li anymore, and the two bid farewell to each other and went their separate ways.
After returning to the valley, Han Li first cleaned up the medicinal garden, sweeping away the rabbit remains, bloodied soil, broken bowls, and everything else into the pit. Then he used mud to cover the two unexpected holes that had appeared, making it look like there was nothing different from before the experiment.
Han Li was satisfied, dusting off his hands and looking around to see if there was anything he had missed.
When his gaze fell on the shattered porcelain bowl, he couldn't help but ponder.
He remembered clearly that when he threw the bowl away, all the diluted water spilled onto a small piece of medicinal land, wetting several medicinal plants. This made him hesitate. He didn't know if these plants would become poisonous after absorbing the water. If people ate these poisoned plants, would they suffer the same fate as the rabbits? Should he clear these poisonous plants now? These questions popped up suddenly in Han Li's mind.
After thinking for a while, Han Li decided to wait and observe. He would treat it as another experiment. If these plants really became poisonous within the next few days, he would remove them. There was no rush.
With his mind made up, he looked around for something to do but ended up going back to the stone room to practice. He hoped that on the basis of his significant progress, he could make a breakthrough.
Han Li no longer paid attention to the specific purpose of this mantra. Practicing this mantra had become his instinctive reaction. If he didn't practice it, he didn't know what else to do on the mountain. Pursuing a higher level of practice of this mantra had become his only goal in life at the moment.
After an afternoon of focused practice, Han Li was disappointed to find that he was not a genius. Although he felt that he was only a finger's breadth away from the fourth level and could almost break through, he still didn't make any progress after a whole afternoon of hard practice.
It seemed that he couldn't do without external forces like medicinal drugs. Otherwise, he might forever be stuck at the third level without progressing further.
Han Li began to hope that Doctor Mo would return sooner and could luckily find enough medicinal materials to help him break through the current dilemma.