Chapter 143 Slaying

The big man who had just emerged from the ground and the initial yellow-clothed individual were the duo that had been chasing Han Li from behind all along.

After catching up, fearing that Han Li would continue his journey after recovering some spiritual power, they immediately sneaked up and planned this ambush.

At this moment, Han Li felt a searing pain in his injured thigh, indicating that his recent actions had aggravated the wound.

However, now wasn't the time to dwell on these issues! Because the big man who had just emerged from the soil pulled out a black, sinister-looking long knife from behind and viciously lunged at Han Li.

Han Li observed the opponent's figure. Although fast, the movements were stiff, indicating reliance on boosted spells. Han Li couldn't help but feel relieved; in terms of agility, he was confident the other party couldn't catch up even if they tried!

With this in mind, Han Li no longer paid attention to the threatening big man nearby but focused on the yellow-clothed individual. This person took out a dark green gourd and aimed it at Han Li as if preparing to cast another spell!

"Where are you looking? Die!" The big man had already rushed to Han Li's vicinity, his body emitting a brilliant yellow light as he raised his eerie long knife and fiercely swung it down towards Han Li.

Han Li snorted and dodged out of the way of the blade.

"Kid, you've been fooled!" The big man suddenly burst into laughter.

The long knife in his hand flashed with black light, transforming into a long black cord, resembling a snake, closely following Han Li's figure with the intent to ensnare him without relent!

Han Li was surprised. His figure immediately became blurry and elusive, sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes forward, sometimes backward, as if there were several Han Lis surrounding the big man and circling him.

Seeing this, the big man was initially startled, but then relied on the "Earth Armor Technique" to protect himself and continued to drive the flexible black cord, relentlessly chasing Han Li's real body.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" Han Li flew past the big man, shooting multiple fireballs from his clasped hands at the big man's body. It caused the yellow light on his body to flicker, but unfortunately, it immediately returned to normal.

"The body protection technique this old man has, how can your little fireball technique break through it!" The big man's face was full of arrogance. He continued to manipulate the black cord with swift hand movements, showing no signs of letting up.

Han Li began to feel anxious! Although the big man's black cord was slower than him, it still posed a threat. He couldn't afford to slow down, or he would surely be ensnared. Although he didn't know what kind of magical tool this black cord was, it was indeed troublesome! But he couldn't afford to let it entangle him!

In the midst of his busyness, Han Li stole a glance at the yellow-clothed person and saw his solemn expression. The gourd magical tool in his hand was emitting a faint green light from its mouth, indicating that something was about to emerge from inside?

"No, if this continues, my life is in danger! I have to take some risks!" Han Li thought to himself.

So, while flying at high speed, Han Li took out the diamond talisman he obtained from the Golden Light Elder. This diamond talisman was also a kind of talisman, and Han Li had long learned its incantation from Monk Kusanagi, which finally came in handy.

Han Li murmured a few vague incantations due to his swaying movements, making it somewhat unclear, but the golden characters on the talisman lit up. When all the characters were fully illuminated, Han Li slapped the talisman on his body, and suddenly, a golden light burst forth, forming a golden shield around him. However, his figure suddenly slowed down abruptly, and he was ensnared by the black cord chasing from behind.