Chapter 97: Backroom Deals

Upon hearing these words, Master Wang's heart couldn't help but skip a beat, feeling a sense of unease.

Yesterday, after receiving Li Feiyu's notification that Han Li would come to Sunset Peak at noon the next day, some of the higher-ups immediately proposed the idea of taking advantage of the meeting to eliminate Han Li, citing him as too dangerous and difficult to control. However, this proposal was vehemently opposed by another faction. They believed that such an action was too risky and could lead to severe backlash if it failed. They argued that they should first negotiate with Han Li before making any decisions.

Those who intended to strike immediately argued vehemently against prolonging the time, citing reasons such as the risk of leaking information and the possibility of more trouble at night. However, everyone knew deep down that claiming Han Li was too dangerous was just an excuse. In reality, some people wanted to seize his cultivation techniques for their own benefit. Even those who opposed taking action probably had similar intentions, but they chose more subtle and covert methods.

Under the watchful eye of Master Wang, the two factions argued fiercely until just before the meeting was about to disperse, and neither side had convinced the other.

Finally, the surviving senior of the Grey Robe faction couldn't stand it anymore. He spoke coldly, silencing everyone immediately.

"Are you all not afraid that if you kill this Han Doctor, his elders will come looking for revenge?" The Grey Robe's words were like a bucket of cold water, awakening the hot-headed higher-ups.

"Yeah! The other party is so young yet so powerful! There must be powerful elders behind him. If we kill him rashly, when his elders come looking for us, we'll all have nowhere to hide!"

Realizing that harming Han Li meant harming themselves, those who had advocated for immediate action changed their tune immediately. Although one or two people still tried to insist, the majority agreed to take a more gentle approach towards Han Li.

Now, when Master Wang heard Han Li's meaningful words, he naturally felt somewhat uneasy, thinking that the other party had vast powers and somehow learned about the dispute from yesterday. Thus, he felt the need to warn him.

However, as the master of a sect for many years, Master Wang's mind and experience were extraordinary. He quickly shook off the influence of the Heavenly Eye Technique, and his expression returned to normal.

"Why did Doctor Han say such words? Everyone in our sect is extremely grateful to you." After weighing his options in his mind, Master Wang decided to probe Han Li's intentions.

"But why have I heard that someone intends to harm me?" Han Li sneered coldly and said lightly.

Upon hearing this, Master Wang was first startled, but seeing that Han Li showed no signs of anger, and he came to see him alone, he felt somewhat relieved. Since the other party didn't speak angrily and came alone to see him, it indicated that he might have only heard some rumors and didn't know the details of the meeting. It seemed that there was still room to mend their relationship.

"Doctor Han may have misunderstood. Indeed, some scoundrels in our sect intended to be ungrateful. But please rest assured, these people have already been captured and are under strict supervision. Most of us are still grateful to Doctor Han and will not do anything ungrateful or harmful." After some thought, Master Wang said resolutely.

After hearing this, Han Li sneered inwardly. Since revealing his strength and helping the Seven Mysterious Sects through this crisis, he had been reminding himself to be cautious, using the allegories "Beware of the hand that feeds you" and "Cross the river and demolish the bridge". He reminded himself not to assume that others would be grateful to him just because he had done them a favor. After all, the human heart is the hardest to read. For these so-called big shots, forgetting favors and disowning relatives is just a commonplace occurrence, as common as drinking water.

This was also one of the reasons why Han Li closed himself off from visitors after returning to the valley. He deliberately wanted these high-ranking people to calm down and not let their greed burn away their reason.

Later, after Li Feiyu delivered the message to meet with the higher-ups, Han Li had no intention of meeting them on time.

After all, even though his strength was much higher than that of ordinary people in the Jianghu, if the other party used some underhanded means, there were too many ways to put him in a desperate situation.

Therefore, for the sake of safety, he deliberately arrived half a day earlier and secretly met with Master Wang alone.

And just now, he had just tested the other party a little, and this Master Wang had already revealed his intentions. It seemed that these big shots of the Seven Mysterious Sects had indeed considered taking action against him.

But that didn't matter! Whether the other party really intended to act or just thought about it, he wouldn't be angry about it. After completing the transaction with this Master Wang, he would leave and never have any contact with them again.

"I've already said enough! I won't hide it from Master Wang. After I meet with you, I will leave this place and go far away, probably never to return to Mount Cai Xia. Before leaving, I want to make a mutually beneficial deal with Master." Han Li stared at Master Wang for a moment before mysteriously saying.

"A deal?" Master Wang was surprised to hear that Han Li was leaving but became curious upon hearing that he wanted to make a deal with him.

"What kind of deal can I make with this Han Doctor?" He couldn't help feeling a little uncertain.

...

When noon arrived, the agreed-upon meeting time, Han Li did not appear in the main hall of Sunset Peak. Instead, Master Wang, full of energy, was the last to enter the venue.

Master Wang announced on the spot that there was no need to wait for Han Li anymore because Han Li had already left Mount Cai Xia and disappeared. It was estimated that he would leave Jing Province and even Yue Kingdom, so all the troubles had disappeared.

Upon hearing this, everyone present widened their eyes, looked at each other, and the whole meeting hall fell silent.

"If the person is gone, what's the point of discussing anything! What needs to be done, let's just do it!" These people thought helplessly.