Chapter 85 Death Pact Blood Duel

"There aren't many conditions, very simple, just two," Wang Juechu said expressionlessly.

"The first, your people must withdraw from our sect's influence area, and this withdrawal must be done in stages, under the supervision of our disciples," his tone was harsh.

"Okay, no problem," Jia Tianlong agreed without hesitation.

Seeing the other party agree so readily, Wang Juechu smirked slightly, then stated another condition that surprised Jia Tianlong.

"The second is, both you and I must engage in a death pact blood duel here before you can leave."

"A death pact duel!"

"Is this for real?"

"Is the other party insane?"

...

Wang Juechu's words immediately caused a stir among the crowd opposite, with varied expressions on their faces upon hearing this. Some looked shocked as if they had encountered a venomous scorpion, while others were excited, appearing eager to try.

Jia Tianlong's expression changed upon hearing this, but he quickly regained his composure.

"Did I hear correctly? We have to sign a death pact, and only one side can leave the duel alive?" he chuckled, seemingly casual.

"That's right! This is a blood duel necessary to avenge the blood debt owed by Wu Sect Master and others. Both you and I must participate," Wang Juechu said coldly, gripping the sword hilt and staring at Jia Tianlong.

Jia Tianlong smirked, neither affirming nor denying immediately, but instead, pondered with flickering eyes. It seemed he didn't dare to take the death pact blood duel lightly and would give his answer after careful consideration.

Seeing nearby people discussing the death pact, Han Li, who was unaware of this, couldn't help but ask Li Feiyu beside him.

"What is a death pact? It sounds like a serious matter!"

"What? You don't even know about death pacts? That's unbelievable! It's the most famous bloody way for people in the Jianghu to resolve disputes!" Li Feiyu's face showed an expression of extreme surprise, as if he had seen a ghost.

"Nonsense! You always know that I don't know much about these Jianghu matters. What's so surprising about that?" Han Li said irritably.

"Oh! That's true, I almost forgot about that," Li Feiyu scratched his head apologetically.

"A death pact refers to both parties with deep-seated hatred signing a contract before a duel, declaring that only one side can leave the arena alive after entering. If anyone leaves the duel prematurely, not only will they be disgraced and spurned, but they will also be subject to pursuit and extermination by the entire Jianghu. Because all people in Jianghu consider a death pact to be a sacred and incomparable duel, those who tarnish this duel should be put to death as a warning."

"And such duels are usually used in situations involving multiple combatants, so they appear especially bloody and cruel. In recent years, it's rare to hear of anyone using this duel method," Li Feiyu explained slowly and in detail.

After listening, Han Li frowned. Understanding the nature of a death pact, he felt somewhat skeptical about the sudden death duel proposed by Wang Sect Master. In his view, such a duel was clearly a mutually damaging outcome. Why bother? It would be better to let the enemy leave sooner and save oneself from unnecessary troubles.

"Okay, I agree. Let's proceed with the death pact," Jia Tianlong, after careful consideration, finally made up his mind after glancing at Jin Guangshang several times.

After all, knowing that the other party wanted to kill him with this opportunity, why wouldn't he seize the chance to eliminate the remaining elites of Seven Xuan Gate?

Jia Tianlong was well aware of Wang Juechu's intentions, relying on the three unknown senior brothers to support him! Unfortunately, he had already learned the details through his undercover agent and had taken precautions against it.

Now that he had a cultivator proficient in flying sword techniques as his trump card, coupled with his calculated unpredictability, he was more than 90% confident of winning the death pact duel.

As long as he could eliminate Wang Juechu and the remaining masters of Seven Xuan Gate in the death duel, even if this plan failed, it wouldn't matter. Because as long as they came to attack again next time, the other party would have no resistance at all. After all, the cultivation of experts takes more than just a year or two to develop.

Therefore, Jia Tianlong, who always believed in careful consideration before action, dared to take this risk and resolutely agreed to sign the death pact.

"Sect Master Wang! According to the rules of the death pact, since it was proposed by you, and I did not object, then the number of combatants and the method of the duel should be decided by the individuals themselves, right?" Jia Tianlong said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Hmph! Correct," Wang Juechu reluctantly agreed.

"Very well, I request that the number of combatants be one hundred, with fifty from each side, and we adopt a melee format," Jia Tianlong demanded unreservedly.

"Fifty people? Melee?" Wang Sect Master's face showed a hint of surprise.

After all, in ordinary death duels, it's already remarkable to have two or three dozen participants, and melee formats are rarely used, with one-on-one duels being the most common.

However, since he was the one who proposed the death duel, he naturally couldn't back down. Moreover, he had full confidence in his three senior brothers, believing that even in a melee, the victor would definitely be on their side.

Furthermore, as long as he could kill Jia Tianlong, no matter how much it cost, it would be worth it. Once this cunning Wolf Gang leader died, his unruly subordinates would immediately become divided, fighting among themselves for the position of leader, leaving Seven Xuan Gate, weakened in strength, with some breathing room.

Thinking of this, Wang Sect Master nodded and agreed to the request.

"Someone! Mark out the death duel arena! Prepare the death pact documents!" Wang Juechu ordered loudly to his subordinates.