Chapter 27

Feng Li, as the new Celestial Master from the Feng family within the six major sects, naturally recognized the face of Chi You, the authoritative figure of the Chi family.

His brows involuntarily furrowed, partly due to the shock of witnessing the sinister aura emanating from Chi You, and partly because of the implications of his words.

Both the man and the ghost propagated the same narrative, evidently not lying, yet Feng Li couldn't stomach such "undying devotion." With his right hand moving as fluidly as drifting clouds and flowing water, he formed a seal, bringing his slender index and middle fingers together in front of him, and uttered lightly, "Disperse."

A flame, invisible to the naked eye, spontaneously ignited, causing the air around it to warp slightly. Encircled by the fire, the crowd watched as the flames, fueled by the most potent yang energy, could dispel all malevolent spirits and ghosts, in severe cases even burning them to the point of soul disintegration.

Chi You, who had been curiously observing Jiang Luo, finally turned his attention towards Feng Li as the flames approached.

As the flames neared, Chi You squinted slightly, seemingly unable to withstand the ethereal flames, and finally detached from Jiang Luo, disappearing without a trace.

Feng Li, with an expression of indifference, lowered his hand, his brows furrowing once more as he looked at Jiang Luo, his tone stern, "The paths of the living and the dead are separate. He has become a vengeful ghost; what more are you hoping for?"

Jiang Luo watched, bewildered, as Chi You was dispelled by a mere word from Feng Li, pondering over Feng Li's formidable power.

Was the protagonist's adversary in the original story this formidable?

"Mr. Feng," Jiang Luo said, looking utterly forlorn, "he was merely accompanying me and meant no harm."

A faint mocking smile played on Feng Li's face, "He meant no harm?"

He surveyed the Feng family disciples gathered around, selecting a few talents who had always been regarded highly under the watchful eyes of many, then turned back to Jiang Luo, "You and they, come to me at three o'clock tomorrow afternoon."

Feng Li paused for a moment, his pale eyes piercingly looking into Jiang Luo's, "I'll show you, whether evil spirits truly do no harm."

After finishing his piece, Feng Li turned and left the garden.

Jiang Luo, bearing the weight of envy and jealousy from those around him, sighed deeply.

Feng Li was overwhelmingly powerful; naturally, it would be ideal to forge a good relationship with him. However, Feng Li's demeanor could at best be described as a benevolent mentor or, at worst, as arrogantly self-assured. This single-minded character trait alone made it clear that the protagonist's adversary in the original story was not easy to deal with.

Furthermore, Feng Li's sudden interjection left Jiang Luo somewhat unprepared. To others, such an opportunity would be met with nothing but gratitude, but Jiang Luo couldn't help but doubt that such kindness could arise so abruptly.

He sighed again and, under the watchful eyes of everyone, quickly followed suit and left the garden.

The planned leisure time was temporarily set aside, but the people from Birch University had prepared a dinner gathering.

It was only after returning to the hotel that they learned many participants had been injured.

Compared to others, the folks from Birch University were extremely lucky, especially Seylor, who seemed to have luck maxed out, starkly contrasting with Jiang Luo.