Chapter 189

In the plea of Lian Xue's eyes, tears flowed incessantly.

Since the last time she was commanded by the The Chosen One to attack Jiang Luo, she knew everything.

Lian Xue had experienced the pain of the world collapsing once, and she didn't want her junior brothers and sisters to suffer with her. She didn't understand what the elders were thinking, but as the senior sister, she wanted to protect her junior brothers and sisters.

Her pleading gaze, the craziness in Lian Bing's demeanor, the screams of others, and the blood flowing everywhere – all of it was observed by Master Weihe.

The inner turmoil of Master Weihe grew stronger.

Seeing Master Weihe in this state, Jiang Luo knew he was undergoing mental questioning. It would be better if the questioning could be more severe, clearing out the nonsense in Master Weihe's mind.

Ignoring it, he let Hua Li stand by and watch without intervening, then went back to his room and finished the bowl of beef noodles with soup without leaving a single drop.

At night, Jiang Luo brought out everything he had taken from the Worldly Realm. However, except for his phone and wallet, the Yuan Heaven Bead had already been taken by Chi You.

Even though he knew Chi You would never miss the chance to take the Yuan Heaven Bead, Jiang Luo couldn't help but roll his eyes.

Damn thing, my spoils of war were taken away without a word.

Chi You had now fused three Yuan Heaven Beads, and the last one was hidden by Jiang Luo in the Baihua University.

Chi You had matters to attend to and went to another room. Seizing the opportunity of being alone and having a faint signal in the room, Jiang Luo called Wen Renlian.

The call quickly connected, and Jiang Luo wasted no time, swiftly recounting everything that had happened in the past two days to Wen Renlian. "Wen Ren, I need you to do two things for me."

Wen Renlian asked, "What's the matter?"

"The first thing, check if Ji Yaozi has returned to the funeral parlor, and find out more about Ji Yaozi's background for me."

Wen Renlian straightforwardly replied, "No problem."

"The second thing, find out where the The Chosen One has escaped to," Jiang Luo paused, "do your best, he's heavily injured now and must be hiding in a secluded place for recovery."

Wen Renlian asked, "Are you planning to take advantage of his illness to end him?"

"Exactly," Jiang Luo openly stated, "after finally gaining the upper hand, I can't let this opportunity slip away."

Wen Renlian pondered for a moment, speaking pragmatically, "Jiang Luo, although I have many connections, tracking the The Chosen One's whereabouts is challenging. Instead of relying on me, why don't you seek assistance from the government?"

Jiang Luo was momentarily surprised, then began considering the feasibility of this approach.

In recent days, with Wen Renlian busy with the affairs of the Research Bureau, his confidence in the country's capabilities had grown. "We are now part of the Research Bureau, you are the head responsible for metaphysical matters. Since the The Chosen One's prophecy is related to the future of the metaphysical world, it falls within our responsibilities. Whether the The Chosen One's prophecy is true or false, it has significant implications, and we need to catch him to uncover the truth. As long as we state our reasons, the country will definitely not stand idly by. Moreover, when the government searches for someone, they are much more formidable than me."