Chapter 37

Why would loving someone deeply make someone suspect they've been cursed?

Jiang Luo's curiosity was piqued. "Miss Bai, why do you think so?"

In Bai Qiu's eyes, there was a thick layer of fear. She nervously twisted her bag with both hands, her fingernails scratching and damaging the fine leather, leaving trails of torn skin. "This couldn't possibly be something I'd do."

"That man is my agent," Bai Qiu explained, "He has been by my side for eight years. I know he has feelings for me, but I feel nothing for him. My preferences have always been clear, and my agent, well, he's worlds apart from what I desire."

As she spoke, her teeth began to chatter, spiraling into a vortex of self-doubt. "I've always been ambitious, to be honest. I entered the industry for fame, for heaps of money. I haven't even won Best Actress yet, and the movie I've painstakingly worked on for a year hasn't been released... Why would I ever think of leaving the industry?"

"But it's like I've been hexed," she collapsed, covering her face as her sobs seeped through her fingers. "How the fuck could I ever consider quitting? How could I become so pathetically subservient?"

Jiang Luo: "…"

If you're really cursed, your lucidity is rare.

Elder Brother Qiao pondered for a moment, "When did you start to fall for him?"

"Two months ago," Bai Qiu wiped her tears.

Elder Brother Qiao turned to Jiang Luo, "Junior Brother, are you busy this morning?"

"If not, you could accompany me to Miss Bai's home to have a look," Elder Brother Qiao invited. "This shouldn't be too troublesome."

With Elder Brother Qiao putting it that way, Jiang Luo's curiosity was further aroused, and he readily agreed: "Sure."

Bai Qiu drove them there, leading the way to her home.

As a top-tier actress, Bai Qiu naturally owned more than one property. The place where she usually lived was secluded and well-secured, allowing the car to drive directly into the parking lot, from where they took an elevator up to her floor.

Upon opening the door, Bai Qiu said wearily, "I've been living here with him for the past two months... He's gone to a meeting at the company today and won't be back until the afternoon."

First inspecting the kitchen and bathroom, Jiang Luo looked around the apartment and found nothing amiss with its Feng Shui layout.

The apartment was filled with the essence of daily life, with dishes in pairs and a bouquet that looked like baby's breath, vibrant in color, as red as roses, on the coffee table.

Bai Qiu poured them two glasses of water. Her gaze softened as she looked at a magazine flipped open on the table. With love, she closed the magazine and carefully placed it back on the shelf, "This guy always leaves things all over the place."

After putting the magazine away, she casually picked up a cloth and began wiping the table. It was only when she was nearly done that Bai Qiu's movements stiffened, and she realized what she was doing. She threw the cloth away with a pale face, "I would never have done this before..."

This uncontrollable change, watching herself become increasingly unrecognizable, was truly terrible. The more Bai Qiu was aware that she would never normally change like this, the more panic she felt deep down.

Observing her behavior, Jiang Luo indeed sensed some discordance. He asked, "Have you told anyone your birthdate and time?"

Bai Qiu was distraught, "My agent has always known my birthdate and time."