Chapter 15

Jiang Luo suddenly felt an especially uncomfortable prying gaze.

This prying look was like that of a venomous snake or a fierce beast, causing a shiver to run through his entire body. Jiang Luo frowned, put down his book, and looked up, locking eyes with the boy sitting opposite him.

Jiang Luo's tightly knotted brows relaxed slightly as he inquired with a probing tone, "Why are you looking at me?"

Qi Ye responded, "My name is Qi Ye."

Jiang Luo said, "Oh."

Qi Ye's brows furrowed tightly in an instant, his face displaying a somewhat incredulous expression, as if he hadn't expected the person opposite him to respond so indifferently upon learning who he was, simply saying "Oh."

The barrage relentlessly mocked.

【hhh Qi Ye's major face-plant moment】

【Qi Ye's angry face: Is there actually someone in this world who doesn’t know of my genius?】

"Do you not know who I am?" Qi Ye raised his voice to ask.

Jiang Luo was somewhat distracted. He stood up and looked around, searching for something in the deepening twilight, "Didn’t you say your name is Qi Ye?"

Qi Ye was choked up for a moment, and after a while, Jiang Luo's state of being made him curious again, "Hey, what are you looking for?"

Jiang Luo's gaze gradually settled on a spot among the trees. This spot was moving without wind, as if hiding something. He suddenly looked towards Qi Ye, "Are you very powerful?"

With a tone of doubt, Qi Ye was provoked, laughing coldly, "At least stronger than you."

He deliberately glanced at the book in Jiang Luo's hand, scoffing, "Compass Detailed Explanation? I’m really curious how you made it here."

Though he spoke like this, Qi Ye didn't underestimate Jiang Luo. If someone could make it here without even knowing how to read a compass, it meant the person was either exceptionally talented or extraordinarily lucky.

Sometimes, luck is a form of strength.

The skepticism in Jiang Luo's eyes grew thicker, "Is that so?"

Though he didn't say anything unpleasant, this attitude was even more infuriating. Qi Ye stood up abruptly, "What do you mean by that?"

"There's nothing to it, really. I've always been the type to act rather than talk," Jiang Luo said. "After all, anyone can talk big. If you want to impress me, you've got to show some real skills. It seems like something is hiding in the forest ahead. Do you dare to check it out?"

Jiang Luo added thoughtfully, "It's okay if you don't dare. After all, there's no shame in boasting."

Qi Ye took a deep breath, turned around, and walked towards the forest, saying, "I fucking never boast."

Jiang Luo exclaimed, "Ah, you're really going? Don't, it's dangerous. Alright, alright, no need to act on impulse..."

Watching Qi Ye's pace quicken as he headed towards the suspicious spot, Jiang Luo silently closed his mouth, comfortably standing his ground, watching the scene unfold from a safe distance.

Who would have thought, in less than ten seconds, Qi Ye emerged from the forest with a stern face, quickly fleeing towards Jiang Luo, yelling, "Run, it's Spider-Man—"

Before he could finish, Jiang Luo had already turned tail and run. Qi Ye paused for a second, then sped up to follow.

The two ran one after the other out of the resting pavilion. Jiang Luo instinctively headed left, and Qi Ye, remembering how Jiang Luo had been a step faster than him in the Bagua formation, did not hesitate to follow.