Chapter 194

Ge Wuchen broke out in a cold sweat.

There were many things he couldn't tell Chi You that he had discussed with Jiang Luo. How could he convey every word to him without missing a beat?

Luckily, he managed to keep his composure and seamlessly integrated the prepared words into his conversation with Jiang Luo. "Master, Jiang seems to be in a bad mood. I tried to advise him, but he remained indifferent..."

Ge Wuchen didn't see anything wrong with the recent argument between Jiang Luo and Chi You. He carefully chose to let the tension between them continue rather than easing it, because he noticed that Chi You was increasingly concerned about Jiang Luo. Ge Wuchen thought this trend was favorable. As the saying goes, no pain, no gain. The more this happened, the more Chi You would understand Jiang Luo's importance to him.

"Jiang said..."

Instead of soothing Chi You's irritation, Ge Wuchen seemed to add fuel to the fire, subtly but unmistakably.

*

The night before they set off for Mount Dawu, Teng Bi gave Jiang Luo a suitcase to pack his own belongings.

Jiang Luo was treated very well at Chi You's place, with everything he needed readily available. Whatever he wanted, someone would prepare it by the next day. Especially the clothes he wore, each item was meticulously selected.

It was uncertain how long they would be at Mount Dawu this time. Jiang Luo prepared two sets of casual clothes suitable for activities, along with a pair of hiking boots. In addition to these, he also packed plenty of small items needed for mountain climbing. Toilet paper, a compass, a pocket knife... Some items he didn't have, he made a mental note to get them later once they were out.

Early the next morning, Jiang Luo changed into the clothes he had prepared earlier, tied his hair up high, and walked out carrying his suitcase.

The plane tickets to Mount Dawu were arranged by Ge Wuchen. Apart from the flower cat spirit with a grudge and the weak-bodied Liao Si staying behind to look after their families and handle some matters, everyone else entered the airport together.

Master Weihe was also among them. When he was young, he used to take a few flights to treat people, but he hadn't left the mountains for over twenty years. Seeing the changes at the airport, Master Weihe was dazzled and exclaimed, "It's different now, really different. It wasn't this good before. Times have changed, and this place is completely different from when I used to fly."

Walking beside him, Jiang Luo, clad in a windbreaker, casually remarked, "You should come out more often these years. There are changes in the world, not just at the airport."

"Yeah," Master Weihe sighed, "Nowadays, kids are glued to their phones and those things called tablets. I don't even know what's so interesting about those things. Even our kids at home, every time they go out and come back, they clamor for WiFi. Who knows what this WiFi thing is."

Jiang Luo recalled the unbearable half-month of seclusion at the Lian family ancestral home, his expression slightly twisted. "You should get one too."

Among this group, there were both Taoists and monks. Besides Master Weihe, each one of them was a handsome guy with different styles. Even the child Lisa was like a cute doll, attracting the attention of passersby.

Jiang Luo was accustomed to such attention and sat down in the waiting area without being affected. After waiting for a while, feeling a bit thirsty, he got up to buy a bottle of water from the supermarket.

On the other side, the evil spirit stared at his back for a while before slowly getting up and walking over.

Ge Wuchen had been secretly observing them. When he saw Chi You making a move, a smile appeared at the corner of his mouth as he continued to watch Chi You and Jiang Luo without leaving any trace.