Chapter 73

Chi You seemed somewhat distracted.

He supported his head, turmoil of pain churning within, yet amidst the pain, there was a tiny flame of desire intertwined.

This feeling was peculiar. It was like an ant itching at the heart, seeing a piece of sugar without tasting it, merely seeing it would only make the heart itch more.

Chi You closed the book in his hands and shut his eyes.

The taste of blood surged in his throat, his fingers rhythmically tapping on the book, eliciting a lofty smile.

If it weren't for his current inconvenience.

He really wanted to see Jiang Luo again in person.

*

Liao Si couldn't understand the quirks between his master and his lover.

He chuckled awkwardly, "Is that so?"

But after Liao Si spoke, he waited for a moment without hearing his master's voice, then he realized his master didn't want to continue this topic.

Liao Si sighed, turned his head to Teng Bi, and complained, "The master always disappears for a few days at unpredictable times, and no one knows where he goes."

It was as if he was talking to himself, "Even Hua Li, who has been with the master the longest, knows nothing about it."

Teng Bi warned, "Do not pry into the master's affairs."

Liao Si shrugged, changing the subject, "Did you get a good look at the formation in front of the study room door when they went there?"

"I did," Teng Bi said solemnly, "It's difficult to break. The formation in front of his door targets both inanimate and animate objects. The Qi family is skilled in some unique techniques. Without a Qi family member's guidance, one would only enter an empty door and get trapped in the formation."

Xuanxue families generally wouldn't place modern technological products like cameras in their homes, as older generations believe such things disrupt the Feng Shui magnetic field. But without surveillance, they had more effective means than cameras.

If it weren't for Qi Ye, Jiang Luo and others wouldn't be able to enter the study room. Even if they did, they would only enter an illusion of a study room.

Liao Si was troubled, "I've lived here for quite some days and haven't figured out how to retrieve the Yuan Heavenly Pearl without repercussions. Maybe we should let the master manipulate a member of the Qi family to take it out?"

Teng Bi glanced at him coldly, "If you dare."

"I wouldn't dare," Liao Si said thoughtfully, "But, we could play a game of diversion..."

Beside the dining table, Qi Ye, irked and humiliated by Jiang Luo's odd gaze, stormed off. Jiang Luo, resting his chin in his hand, watched his departing figure, puzzled, and later sought out Wen Ren Lian, asking, "Does Qi Ye have some kind of issue?"

Wen Renlian patiently inquired, "Why do you ask?"

Jiang Luo thought for a moment, "Never mind, let's not talk about him."

After all, Jiang Luo had just stealthily taken a Yuan Heavenly Pearl from Qi Ye, and speaking ill of him behind his back seemed unethical.

Considering himself a civilized person, Jiang Luo shifted the conversation to other topics, subtly putting on his coat to return to his usual self.

He now wanted to leave the Qi family's place, but considering how far things had gone, he wasn't in a hurry. Being hasty might expose him.

The banquet's purpose was to allow the young attendees to meet each other, serving also as a kind of matchmaking event. Jiang Luo met many people there, and around two in the afternoon, Zhuo Zhongqiu arrived with her father.