Chapter 172

The demon raised an eyebrow in slight surprise, then changed direction, walking towards Jiang Luo.

The dark-haired youth lifted his eyelids, calmly exhaling a puff of smoke towards the demon's face. The deep red lips, enchanting in the smoke, resembled the rich fragrance of roses.

Chi You's cane rested by Jiang Luo's feet, the scent of nicotine blending between them. Amidst the dense smoke, Chi You caught a whiff of Jiang Luo's distinctive scent and casually remarked, "Surprising, are you waiting for me?"

Jiang Luo replied, "If your eyes weren't failing you, you wouldn't ask such a redundant question."

The demon's coat had no wrinkles, his shoes untouched by dust, resembling a gentleman from the Republican era. Yet, the faint smell of blood lingered, a reminder of Qi Yuan's presence.

His gaze discreetly assessed Chi You, from the hat to the tie, and from the tie to the brand-new white gloves on his hands. The look was secretive yet explicit, as if appraising an interesting toy.

Chi You remained unfazed, slowly stroking the cane's head with his palm. "Personally waiting for me makes me think you have ulterior motives."

"Ulterior motives?" Jiang Luo chuckled, poking Chi You's chest with the hand holding the cigarette. "Mr. Chi, saying that without questioning your own conscience, isn't it a bit hypocritical?"

The hand holding the cigarette lightly tapped the demon's finger, seemingly carrying a warm temperature that instantly added an ambiguous atmosphere.

A certain restlessness, like air long deprived of rain, a spark of fire and lightning, could ignite everything in an instant.

The handsome demon, resembling a noble old sir, squinted, lifting his hand to grasp the finger Jiang Luo poked.

The silk gloves were slightly cool as the demon lightly tapped and danced on Jiang Luo's finger to the back of his hand. Jiang Luo smirked, using the cigarette's ember to burn Chi You's hand in return.

The demon, however, quickly grasped Jiang Luo's hand. Two slender fingers slipped through Jiang Luo's, moving forward slowly, approaching the thin cigarette held between Jiang Luo's index and middle fingers.

He resembled a gentleman with deep refinement, sternness, and antiquity; his handsome brows furrowed. "Burning the cigarette on someone else's hand is a very uncouth behavior."

Despite his harsh verbal reprimand, the hand inserted between Jiang Luo's fingers, adorned with pure white gloves, intentionally carried a subtle and teasing itch.

While appearing serious on the surface, Jiang Luo knew that every move of this refined gentleman concealed a deliberate and playful intention, every gaze hinted at a desire to be intimate with him.

"You lack manners," the demon said, "but I can offer you some basic etiquette guidance."

Surprisingly, Jiang Luo felt a bit intrigued. His eyes lifted at the corners, and he leaned back against the wall in a relaxed manner. The posture of the black-haired beauty seemed inviting, but Chi You knew it was just a deceptive guise, hiding deadly venom that could prove fatal with a touch.

Glancing at the demon, the alluring flower spoke lazily, "Mr. Chi has so much free time? Attending the trial to kill Qi Yuan is one thing, but now you want to spend time teaching me manners for free—by the way, it is free, right?"

"Perhaps for others, there would be a fee, but for you, it's free," the demon finally shifted the cigarette from between the human's fingers to his own. He released Jiang Luo's hand, bringing the half-smoked cigarette to his own mouth. "After all, we have a rather special relationship."