Chapter 182

Ge Wuchen and the others noticed that their master had been glued to the phone, holding it twenty-four hours a day. As time passed, their master's expression darkened, making Ge Wuchen and the others hesitant to approach him.

Chi You didn't want to appear overly anxious, so he patiently waited for Jiang Luo's call.

Within a few days, Chi You's emotions shifted from calm to stormy. When he could no longer bear it, he emotionlessly dialed Jiang Luo's number.

The call connected quickly, but it was another man's voice on the other end, "Hello?"

Chi You suddenly clenched the phone, reducing it to fragments in his grip.

Choking silence.

Chi You's gaze darkened, and he abruptly stood up, heading outside.

...

Today marked the seventh day since Jiang Luo was confined in the Celestial Sect. After finishing the breakfast delivered to him, he used a tissue to fold the seventh paper flower and placed it in the vase. After admiring it for a while, he leisurely read a book by the bedside.

Feng Li prohibited him from leaving his room or talking to others, but reading was allowed. Jiang Luo had brought many books, hoping to find records about the Celestial Master or the Chosen One within the Celestial Sect's collection.

As he read, he suddenly heard the sound of fireworks outside the window in the evening. Jiang Luo looked up and saw three sets of fireworks, two large and one small.

His spirits lifted instantly.

This was the secret signal prearranged between Jiang Luo and Wen Renlian. If Chi You came looking for Jiang Luo, he would use this method to alert him.

Jiang Luo, with a smile on his face, tossed the book aside and swiftly sat up, taking three or four steps to reach the window. Outside, disciples of the Celestial Sect hurriedly rushed towards the main gate.

The main gate was ablaze, as if there was a fire.

Indeed, there was a fire.

Thick smoke billowed from the outer courtyard, confusing the disciples of the Celestial Sect. They had no idea what was happening. Suddenly, many people gathered at the main gate, armed with flamethrowers and stun batons, forcefully breaking into the Celestial Sect.

Some individuals poured gasoline on the gate and, with a toss of a lighter, set it ablaze. The Celestial Sect, being a traditional wooden structure, would burn down easily. The front courtyard was already in chaos.

Shen Rumai and others were busy trying to restore order, but they couldn't stop the crowd rushing inside. Shen Rumai's face darkened, "Have you called the police?"

"The phone can't get through," Wang San sighed, sweating profusely from the urgency, "Isn't it strange? Although the Celestial Sect's formations are mainly designed to deal with malevolent spirits, they should also work on humans. But these ordinary people seem unaffected by the formation."

Shen Rumai, smelling of burnt scent, looked at the chaotic scene before him, his forehead pulsating. Seeing Zhou Wudu running back, he quickly asked, "Why did you take so long? Did you notify the master?"

"Notified, notified. The master was summoned by the elder celestial and is in discussion. He instructed us not to disturb him and the master for anything, and I had to beg the elder celestial's people for a while to inform our master. Just endure for a bit longer; the master will come for sure!"

Wang San's face eased a bit, but seeing Shen Rumai still devoid of joy, he became nervous again, "Senior brother, if the master arrives, everything will be fine, right? Why do you have such an expression?"