Chapter 70

Clouds of gloom instantly shrouded Jiang Luo's face as he let out a cold laugh, which, however, strained the wound on his lip. In a sinister tone, he said, "Bitten by a dog."

Teng Bi was speechless.

After asking his question, he immediately sensed something was amiss because he detected his master's scent on Jiang Luo.

Reflecting on it, he also realized he had smelled the scent of a stranger on his master.

Had they been in a fight?

His master's arm had been severed by Jiang Luo, and Jiang Luo's... lips had been injured by his master?

Furthermore, his master had been derogatorily called a "dog."

Teng Bi's brow twitched in confusion, unable to comprehend what sort of altercation could lead to such outcomes. To avoid exposing anything, he pretended ignorance. But was feigning ignorance enough? Dryly, Teng Bi said, "Is that so? Do you need to go to the hospital for a rabies vaccine then?"

Rabies vaccine was a term he had learned in human society.

Jiang Luo's anger dissipated significantly at this, his expression a mix of a smile and not quite a smile. "Yes, being bitten by a dog, one should indeed get a rabies vaccine."

Teng Bi couldn't fathom why his mood had suddenly improved, and the two left the building. Along the way, Teng Bi glanced at Jiang Luo out of the corner of his eye, subtly observing him.

What did his master mean by "keeping an eye on Jiang Luo"?

Jiang Luo asked, "What are you looking at me for?"

Teng Bi stiffened, averted his gaze, and mumbled, "Nothing."

Jiang Luo didn't press further. After leaving the filming location, he called a cab and headed to the hospital to find Ye Xun and Lu Youyi.

In the hospital room, besides them, there were policemen, the chief director, and the chief planner.

The chief director was grinning broadly at Ye Xun, always seeming somewhat afraid of him whenever they met.

The young policeman looked very familiar, greeting Jiang Luo with a big, bright smile and a wave, "Hi, we meet again."

Jiang Luo remembered that this was the officer responsible for dealing with the faceless guests at the 129 Hotel. "What a coincidence?"

"This area's supernatural incidents are handled by me and a few colleagues," the policeman said with a bright, sunny smile. "Lu is currently getting stitches in the surgery room. Jiang, I need to ask you a few questions, are you available to answer now?"

Jiang Luo smirked, "Wait a moment, I need to brush my teeth first."

The policeman observed his swollen and torn lips, resembling something had bitten him, and tactfully inquired, "What happened to you?"

Teng Bi, observing Jiang Luo's suddenly darkened expression, coughed and said formally, "He was bitten by a dog."

The policeman chuckled awkwardly, "I see."

Ye Xun curiously asked, "Are there dogs in the dormitory building?"

Jiang Luo smiled, "Yes, there are."

He took out a disposable toothbrush from the cabinet, nodded to them with a composed smile, and headed into the bathroom. Once out of sight, Jiang Luo quickly dropped his smile. As he began to brush his teeth, the bristles accidentally touched his lips, causing him to hiss in pain, his expression growing colder.