Chapter 123

Wen Ren Lian's expression changed as he inquired, "What does this mean?"

The owner of the funeral shop, however, wasn't inclined to elaborate. He handed them the pendant earrings, adorned with hanging tassels, and turned to leave.

Ye Xun suddenly asked, "Is it necessary to wait three days?"

"Well," the funeral shop owner glanced at Ye Xun and then at Kuang Zheng, "he's an alchemist and should know that these artifacts have a limited duration. Once the spiritual energy is depleted, they become ineffective."

"Three days," the funeral shop owner gradually moved away. "After three days, the efficacy of the pendant earrings will diminish day by day. If it exceeds three days..."

The rest of his words disappeared.

Only after he had walked far enough did the funeral shop owner mutter to himself, "Originally thought sending Jiang Luo to the Lian family would be safe, but now I realize I've actually delivered him into the lion's den. Yes, how could I forget? Even though the Lian family hasn't been seen for a long time, they are more devoted to that person than anyone else. That person's words even stopped the younger generation from learning magical arts. I created this mess, now I have to find a solution... I can't personally give him the 'Soul-Capturing Pendant,' so I have to rely on this group. The optimal effect of the 'Soul-Capturing Pendant' is actually five days, but I need to create some urgency for them. Time is of the essence..."

*

In the mirror.

Upon realizing that Chi You was peeking at him, Jiang Luo took off his shirt.

His curved spine glowed in the warm twilight, the taut lines gracefully flexible.

He covered the corner of his lips that curled up, hands resting on his belt, but he hesitated to take the next step.

Next door, separated by a wall.

Chi You's eyes involuntarily focused on his hands.

An unclear emotion slowly extended, and the young man couldn't resist the allure of this subtly flowing beauty. As he watched with rapt attention, a few strands of foreign consciousness quietly emerged within him.

These powerful and domineering strands of foreign consciousness seemed naturally belonging to Chi You, to the extent that they didn't disturb Chi You himself or the merging black mist.

The malevolent spirit infiltrated this body.

Everything went smoothly to the unimaginable, but when the malevolent spirit tried to control the body, something felt wrong.

He couldn't control this body.

This was clearly something the malevolent spirit hadn't anticipated, even though he only used a small amount of consciousness to enter this mirrored world. It didn't mean the malevolent spirit couldn't manipulate a person, especially since he was not controlling a puppet this time but possessing it personally.

How could this be?

The malevolent spirit commanded his consciousness again to seize control, but once again, he failed.

Not only that, but his meager consciousness seemed suppressed. He was inside someone else's body, seeing what this person saw and hearing what this person heard. Yet, like a split personality, he felt all sensations of this body but couldn't control it.

The first attempt at possession had failed.

The malevolent spirit's mood turned unpredictable, but quickly, the desire to see a certain person surged rapidly. He began to assess the surroundings.