Chapter 50

To put it plainly, they've encountered the dread of the Red and White Spectres.

The Red and White Spectres are a forbidden technique from Maoshan, incredibly dangerous and rare, only manifesting under specific conditions of time and place.

The Red Spectre refers to a bride who dies on her wedding day, cloaked in red and filled with deep resentment. The White Spectre, on the other hand, is a deeply cultivated ghost capable of walking on land, representing the coffin of a young person who died unexpectedly.

One represents a funeral procession, the other a wedding celebration; when these two forces collide, neither wishes to give way.

Jiang had read about the Red and White Spectres in books, noting that encountering them requires a complex and specific feng shui layout. Once involved in their clash, without significant strength, one could only await death.

Lu Youyi voiced his unease: "I felt uncertain on my own, but with you all by my side, my fears are allayed."

Despite their irritation at him, the group had come this far and thus accepted the situation.

"Let's discuss serious matters tonight," Jiang suggested, stretching lazily. "For now, let's enjoy ourselves."

Lu Youyi flashed a broad smile. "Of course!"

After settling their luggage in their rooms, they prepared to soak in the hot springs. Jiang washed away the travel dust in the bath, then donned the clothing provided by the hot spring resort.

At the hot spring estate, Jiang Luo was provided with a set of robes, bath towels, and disposable swimshorts. The quality of the swimshorts was not particularly good, but it wasn't bad either; after putting it on, Jiang Luo found it somewhat tight.

He had always been satisfied with his physique. After months of training, a thin layer of muscle now covered his body, giving him a lean and firm appearance, with proportions that were just right. There was a full-length mirror in the bathroom. Jiang Luo tied the robe's belt in front of the mirror, leisurely admiring his reflection.

His long black hair draped over his shoulders, wet with water droplets, and his slightly upturned lips were both nonchalant and beautiful, making him a pleasure to behold.

This face had been with Jiang Luo for over twenty years, and he was thankful that the cannon fodder Jiang Luo from the original story had a face identical to his.

"Perhaps after dealing with the ticking time bomb that is Chi You," Jiang Luo mused to himself, "it's time for me to move past my 'heartbreak' and start a new romance."

Unnoticed behind him, in the clothing basket, an inexplicable, invisible breeze weaved through the clothes, causing them to bulge mysteriously before settling down again as if searching for something.

Upon hearing his words, the movement of the breeze paused for a moment, then disappeared without a trace from the clothing basket.

Lu Youyi called out from outside, "Jiang Luo, hurry up."

Jiang Luo snapped back to reality, loosely rolling up his wet hair and casually walking out of the bathroom.

The main attraction of the hot spring estate was its hot springs. The indoor baths were separated by gender, requiring guests to bathe nude, while the outdoor baths offered beautiful views and mixed bathing but required clothing.

Normally, they would choose the indoor springs for cleanliness, but this time was different. With only their group of nine at the entire estate, both the indoor and outdoor baths were impeccably clean, free of any dirt.