Chapter 69

The corridor was deserted, not a soul in sight.

The murderer, drenched in blood, wore no expression on his handsome face, though a sinister aura began to emerge.

Jiang Luo left just like that, decisively and cleanly.

Such behavior undoubtedly confirmed to Chi You once more: You were merely a tool I used.

Jiang Luo's kiss was not for the sake of survival, nor for any other reason, but to frame Chi You.

Yet, Chi You was blissfully unaware, taking interest and accepting his kiss. When Jiang Luo pushed him away, he was particularly displeased. Not only did he let a daring patient escape from under the saw, but he also unwittingly became his scapegoat.

He was utterly played.

Even in life, even when humiliated by the side branches of the Chi family, Chi You never felt such suffocation.

The murderer smiled, lips parting in amusement, yet the dangerous aura around him intensified suddenly.

If he didn't do something soon, the raging fury mixed with obscure desires and sinister thoughts in his heart would have no outlet.

How could one use a vengeful spirit without paying a price?

The murderer took a step forward, the corner of his white coat fluttering lightly.

He chased in the direction of Jiang Luo.

*

Jiang Luo was cautiously descending the stairs.

Lu Youyi and the vengeful spirit were supposed to wait for him at the end of the sixth floor, but Jiang Luo didn't see them. He knew them well enough to understand that their absence meant they had encountered some mishap.

But in this building, the most formidable faceless monster had been dealt with by Chi You. What other dangers could they possibly encounter?

No, there was indeed one potential threat that hadn't emerged.

The Chi family.

If the Qi family's techniques involved illusionary magic, what methods did the Chi family use?

Were Lu Youyi and the dead ghost still safe?

Just moments ago, Jiang Luo's spirits were soaring, but now they plummeted with worry and anxiety rising. He continued down to the fourth floor, and suddenly, the hospital scene before him shifted, transforming into the appearance of a trainee dormitory building.

The illusion was broken.

Jiang Luo was taken aback. Who had broken the illusion?

At that moment, Jiang Luo stepped on a strand of hair.

Looking down, he nearly lost his footing at the sight of the dense, surging black strands.

What in the world was this?!

Jiang Luo furrowed his brows, stepping back immediately, his expression twisted as he stared at the writhing hair strands.

He pulled out a fire talisman, gave it a light shake, and it ignited from the top. Just as Jiang Luo was about to throw the talisman onto the hair, a voice sounded from behind, “Jiang Luo, don't!”

Turning around, Jiang Luo saw Ye Xun and Lu Youyi gasping for air as they ran up to him. Ye Xun's face was deathly pale, while Lu Youyi's head was covered in blood. Jiang Luo was startled by their appearance and stopped his hand in time, “What happened to you guys?”

“Don't burn it, this is Xiao Fen's hair. Xiao Fen and the damn ghost are buried underneath,” Ye Xun panted heavily, “Xiao Fen ate Fu Yuan'er, and a lot of hair grew on her body.”