Chapter 24

A group of people sprinted towards the academic building, passing competitors along the way who, with furrowed brows and dejected expressions, listlessly raised their heads to glance at them before wearily lowering them again.

Seylor hadn't quite grasped what was happening, running while asking in confusion, "Why are we running? What's Jiang saying? Why do they look so sad?"

Wen Renlian looked at him with affection, "We're taking you to grab the first place."

Seylor was surprised for a moment, then foolishly smiled, "Did we win?"

Ge Zhu sighed, "Seylor, you're truly blessed." Without doing anything, he had somehow breezed through to the end.

By the time they reached the office, Liu Zhi had already been arrested by the police. Clearly not anticipating this sudden arrest, his meticulously combed hair was disheveled, and he looked disconcerted as the police led him to the car.

The other teachers were all talking at once, "Officer, why arrest Teacher Liu? He hasn't committed any crimes."

Jiang Luo watched this scene from the outskirts of the crowd.

The event organizers were obviously aware that a homicide had occurred here and had even figured out the process of the crime, who the murderer was, and who the victim was.

They had called the police in advance, ensuring that regardless of whether any student came up with their answer, the police would storm into the school to arrest the perpetrator at the moment the competition ended.

The fact that someone could deduce the entire sequence of events without alarming the murderer or even conducting a search, aside from those few judging teachers, Jiang Luo thought of no one else.

He touched the yin-yang ring that had remained unopened, snapped back to reality, and, with his companions, made his way through the crowd into the office.

Unexpectedly, when they arrived, the people from Shanhai University were already preparing to break through a wall.

Liu Zhi's office was by the window, with no additional desks or chairs behind it, just an open space followed by a white wall.

The standard thickness of an external wall is 240mm, but with one glance, Jiang Luo could tell that this wall was 360mm thick, spacious enough to hide a person and still have room to spare.

Bai Yefeng was sitting on Liu Zhi's desk.

He was leisurely flipping through a newspaper, the incandescent light casting his face in a sharp contrast of light and shadow, creating a jagged line across his features.

If Bai Yefeng were dressed in a brand-new suit and shoes, he would perfectly embody the image of a standard teacher.

"You're here," Bai Yefeng put down the newspaper, smiling at the slightly breathless group from Baihua University, "Why the rush?"

Jiang Luo's face was slightly reddened from running, beads of sweat glistening at his temples, he said with a half-smile, "Bai classmate, what are you doing?"

Bai Yefeng hummed, "We're looking for the answer."

"What a coincidence," Jiang Luo's smile blossomed, as he moved past the people from Shanhai University, lightly placing his hand on the wall, "We're also looking for the answer."

Originally, Jiang Luo wasn't particularly obsessed with being first.

But upon discovering Bai Yefeng's desire to win, that first place became something he had to secure at all costs.

The sole purpose behind Chi You manipulating Bai Yefeng to participate in this competition was the Yuan Tian Pearl, an item worth such elaborate efforts by a malevolent spirit.