Chapter 184

Ge Wuchen once told Jiang Luo two methods to deal with the ordained ones: either stop the offerings to the ordained one or take away their followers.

"It's like fetching water, with followers as the faucet and the offerings as the water flow," Ge Wuchen said. "Currently, there's a stream of water flowing towards the ordained one. If you want to prevent the ordained one from absorbing this water, either redirect the water to another direction or block the faucet."

Blocking the faucet involves converting the ordained one's followers to worship others or killing the followers. That's straightforward. Jiang Luo was curious about the first method, "How do you redirect the water to another direction?"

Ge Wuchen smiled faintly and began to expound.

He rambled on for twenty minutes, circling around like a political lecture, unnecessarily complicating what was originally simple. Jiang Luo endured the headache for a while, sensing something amiss, and raised his hand to stop him, "Wait, wait."

Ge Wuchen stopped.

After pondering for a moment, Jiang Luo said, "Why do I feel like you've been talking nonsense all along?"

Ge Wuchen was shocked, immediately defending himself with a "I haven't" expression, "Jiang Shizhu, why would you say that? I've told you everything I know; don't accuse me falsely."

Jiang Luo placed the spoon in the lunchbox, half-smiling, "Ge Wuchen, you don't actually know how to guide the direction of the offerings, do you?"

Ge Wuchen paused, subtly smiling, "Jiang Shizhu, there's no need to be so direct."

Jiang Luo chuckled coldly, "You were just playing me."

Ge Wuchen shook his head disapprovingly, "I haven't said a single lie. The ordained one indeed becomes a pseudo-god through offerings, and these two methods are indeed the most effective ways I've confirmed to deal with ordained ones. How could that be playing you?"

Heh.

Jiang Luo could be absolutely certain; Ge Wuchen had just bullshit him.

While Ge Wuchen did know that ordained ones became gods through offerings, he didn't know how the ordained ones absorbed the power of the offerings. The scriptures in the scripture repository didn't explain how to absorb the power of offerings, so the ordained ones left Egret Temple to search for ways to do so. And it was because of this that Ge Wuchen couldn't make himself a pseudo-god.

When Ge Wuchen sought out Jiang Luo, his first stated purpose was, "Jiang Shizhu, please be with my master."

After Jiang Luo refused his request, Ge Wuchen cleverly shifted the conversation to the secrets of the ordained ones. To gain Jiang Luo's trust, he even dissected his own past, making it seem both true and false.

When Jiang Luo doubted his motives, he changed his purpose to convincing Jiang Luo to prevent Chi You from destroying the metaphysical realm. This purpose not only aligned with Jiang Luo's own goals but also subtly provoked Jiang Luo's desire to conquer Chi You. In the end, he boldly revealed all the secrets he knew about the ordained ones, making Jiang Luo think there was more he would reveal after the matter was resolved.

Jiang Luo fell for it, enthusiastically discussing plans and personally making Chi You realize his feelings, pushing their relationship into a complicated and entangled state. They were even biting each other on the bed just moments ago, and now Chi You wouldn't let Jiang Luo go.

Isn't this exactly what Ge Wuchen initially wanted, to bring him together with Chi You?

Jiang Luo's face changed shades, alternating between pale and dark. His laughter was eerie, "Ge Zhu was right. Ge Wuchen, you're indeed quite adept at deceiving people. I underestimated you before."

This Damned Thirst for Survival जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें