Chapter 83

The Yin-Yang Ring possessed four functions.

First, it determined direction; second, it discerned fortune and misfortune; third, it differentiated yin from yang; and fourth, it summoned spirits.

If ghosts truly existed, the Yin-Yang Ring could not possibly fail to detect them.

Yet the appearance of the little ginseng did not seem deceitful. After pondering for a moment, Jiang Luo thought of the last possibility.

What was detained below was not a female ghost, but a woman.

Tsk, Jiang Luo's interest was thoroughly aroused.

However, the door was locked, and if Jiang Luo forcibly left, he would certainly be discovered the next day. He did not wish to be punished by Feng Li at this juncture, so he took the ginseng doll to bed, perfunctorily saying, "Yes, yes, there's a ghost below. Let's go and see it tomorrow when it's light."

The ginseng doll agreed completely, daring not to run away again, and lay next to Jiang Luo, falling asleep with him.

Nothing happened that night, and early the next day, Zhou Wudu, along with Wen Renlian and a few others, came to fetch Jiang Luo. Jiang Luo handed the ginseng doll over to Zhou Wudu, "Brother Wudu, from now on, this ginseng is yours to care for."

Zhou Wudu's eyes widened in delight, "Really?"

"Really." Jiang Luo nodded sincerely.

He did not like taking care of children at all.

The ginseng doll looked at him incredulously, its chubby hands and feet flailing, "You're actually giving me away to someone else to care for, I'm a ginseng spirit!"

"Right, right, right, you're a ginseng spirit," Zhou Wudu laughed so hard his teeth were showing, "You're a little ancestor."

"Wuwuwu," the ginseng doll developed a chick reaction towards Jiang Luo, rolling its tears, "I want daddy."

But the young man with black hair paid no attention, focusing on tidying up the bed.

After packing up, the group left the confinement room. Remembering what the ginseng doll had said, Jiang Luo made an excuse that he had forgotten something and returned to the confinement room alone.

At the end of the corridor, where the light could not reach, it was slightly dark and gloomy. Jiang Luo did not waste time. He searched the ground, but at first glance, could see nothing.

Thinking of the size of the ginseng doll, he patiently searched inch by inch. He found nothing on the ground, but discovered a ventilation duct at the corner of the wall.

The diameter of the duct was just right for a small ginseng to enter.

Jiang Luo looked inside; it was a circular duct. It was a bit tight for him to crawl through, but possible.

Just as Jiang Luo was about to dismantle the vent, someone shouted from behind, "Jiang Luo, hurry up!"

Jiang Luo paused and had to give up. Reluctantly, he shone his flashlight inside, and several drops of yellow ginseng juice dripped onto the ground. The little ginseng spirit had indeed escaped from here, and there was another place for detaining people below the ventilation duct.

Jiang Luo whistled silently in his mind.

Feng Li was stern and serious, while the old Celestial Master was kind and approachable. What secrets were hidden in this Celestial Masters Mansion?

Underneath Feng Li's appearance of being devoid of desires, could there be some perverse hobby hidden?

Suppressing his itching curiosity, he stood up, dusted himself off, and ran out the door.