Chapter 47

In front of his master, Hua Li's face turned red with humiliation as a human patted his head so condescendingly. He twisted his face away, using all his remaining strength, wishing he could claw at that human's smug, smiling face.

The specter couldn't help but laugh, "Sounds like I'm the one at a disadvantage here."

You realize that now?

Jiang Luo almost burst into laughter, "Well, it's up to you now."

Chi You slowly tightened his grip.

Teng Bi let out a pained grunt, his gaze fixed on Jiang Luo's face. Hearing the grunt, the black-haired youth's expression remained unchanged, treating Teng Bi as if he were a stranger, even showing signs of impatience. It seemed as if even if Teng Bi died, he wouldn't be sad, but would instead take revenge by killing Hua Li as well.

Like a venomous snake, cold-blooded and vengeful, anyone who upset him would feel his bite, even if he had to break his teeth to do it.

For some reason, the specter felt an even stronger urge to laugh. Suddenly releasing his hold, Teng Bi fell to the ground, kneeling at his feet. Chi You's voice carried a hint of amusement, "Alright, I agree."

Moved, Hua Li struggled to lift his head towards Chi You, "Master!"

Jiang Luo stepped on the excited, tearful Hua Li, pushing him back to the ground, and looked at Chi You with his arms crossed, golden ropes still twined around his fingers. He smirked, his lips curling in a mocking encouragement, "Well, aren't you going to heal his wounds?"

Chi You extended his hand, and a mass of dark mist left it, enveloping Teng Bi completely.

Within the dark mist, Teng Bi writhed in agony on the ground, desperately trying to contain the pain but unable to stop the bursts of painful groans.

With every surge of the dark mist, Teng Bi screamed in pain. Chi You's gaze remained on the dark mist, he stated indifferently, "Hua Li's claws are poisonous. To heal his wounds, the toxin must be extracted."

Jiang Luo, watching Teng Bi, asked, "How do you extract it?"

Chi You casually responded, "Just cut off the flesh that touched the toxin, right?"

But if it were that simple, Teng Bi wouldn't be screaming so miserably.

The moment Chi You's dark mist touched Teng Bi's wounds, Teng Bi felt a bone-piercing, heart-wrenching pain. He was capable of enduring pain, and the undead's perception of pain was much duller, yet this pain was unbearable. He curled up on the ground, his muscles spasming uncontrollably, as the dark mist slowly cut away his rotting flesh.

The pain wasn't from the flesh being cut away but from the sensation of the dark mist invading the wounds. Teng Bi felt as if the mist was slowly pulling out his sinews and bones, continuously crushing them before sucking out the marrow. This torment seemed to affect him on a soul-deep level, blurring his mind momentarily. An abrupt thought emerged in his brain.

Had his master also endured such pain when afflicted by the dark mist?

But as soon as this thought appeared, Teng Bi oddly wondered, who was his master?

This fleeting thought passed through his brain, and Teng Bi fell into a semi-conscious state due to the next wave of pain.

Chi You looked down at Teng Bi, his expressionless face appearing somewhat cold and cruel. Soon, the dark mist released Teng Bi, and after extracting the toxin, the wounds on Teng Bi's body visibly began to heal.

The look of agony on Teng Bi's face eased significantly. He mustered his energy, but with his limbs weakened, he could only lie on the ground to recover his strength.