Chapter 80

After realizing what his desire for Jiang Luo was, Chi You developed a complete patience and interest in every move Jiang Luo made.

Now, Jiang Luo was hiding among the crowd, where the smell of strangers was mottled, covering Jiang Luo's scent. But this felt more like the final bow on a gift being untied, or the last procedure before a cake is presented.

He was thrilled by this.

The evil spirit walked into the crowd, standing out starkly among them, yet no one approached to drive him away, nor did anyone dare to look at him openly.

Wherever the evil spirit went, a circle of void opened up around him, giving him a good vantage point.

But then, a tearing sound broke the silence, and a talisman was slapped onto Chi You's body from the left.

Someone laughed, saying, "If we're all playing ghosts, let's not throw trash around."

The people on both sides were noisy, but none showed any sign of strangeness.

The evil spirit looked down, seeing a large hole burned into his suit by the talisman, with smoke rising from the hot iron. The corners of the evil spirit's lips curved up, and then a sharp golden dagger attacked from behind. The evil spirit dodged in time, but still received a long cut on his neck, with the golden dagger disappearing into the air in the blink of an eye.

Blood flowed from the wound.

Chi You turned to look in the direction from which the golden dagger had come, but he could not identify the person who had attacked him from the shadows.

He raised his hand to touch the bloodstain, his fingers grinding over the black, polluted blood. Chi You narrowed his eyes slightly and turned to walk away, only for a whip to wrap around his foot, violently pulling him backward.

But the demon, who had already prepared, merely shifted his shoes slightly backward. He followed the direction of the whip, but in the next second, the golden whip burrowed into the crowd from below.

"The cunning fox," the demon sighed, "truly clever."

The procession slowly turned down another street, and among the crowd, an ordinary little ghost slowly fell behind, slipping into a narrow alley.

His pace quickened, turning right repeatedly in the alley, and the bustling lantern district gradually turned into a deserted lane.

A solitary street lamp stood in the middle, casting a dim, yellowish light on the ground.

Moths fluttered around the light bulb.

But the little ghost suddenly halted.

He slowly backed up a few steps, turned around to return the way he had come, but faced a cloud of black mist head-on.

Standing under the street lamp, the shadow laughed: "Ah, the game is over."

Jiang Luo turned around, calmly removing the mask and black robe from his face, looking at Chi You.

The black-haired young man's forehead was sweaty, his mask fogged up from his breath, and his face slightly reddened by the steam. He was as beautifully crafted as a rose meticulously sculpted by a painter's brush.

The demon walked from the shadow under the lamp into the light, his dark eyes full of interest. The suit and shoes Jiang Luo had burned and trampled were now restored.

The red gem shone with an enchanting and dangerous luster. The demon approached Jiang Luo, his tone relaxed: "Where else do you think you can run to?"

There was nowhere left to run.