Chapter 110

The room that Lian Xue prepared for Jiang Luo was a small house with white walls and blue tiles.

With its ancient design, tranquility, and seclusion, it comfortably accommodated only Jiang Luo.

In the green woods surrounding the house, Jiang Luo witnessed several birds flying by, despite the harsh winds outside; here, it felt like spring with blossoms in full bloom.

Smiling, Lian Xue explained, "Underneath the Lian family's land, there's a permeation of the clear water from the Celestial Blue Pool, creating a perpetual spring. However, outside the Lian estate, normal seasonal changes persist. In about half a month, Senior Brother might witness the snowy peaks behind, contrasting with the lush scenery here."

Jiang Luo imagined, "That must be beautiful."

Lian Xue nodded with delight, "Indeed."

Exploring the room, Jiang Luo noticed a large window in the bedroom overlooking the rear mountains. The flora and fauna there reflected the typical autumn-winter season: dry black tips of tree branches, yellow ground, and a barren mountaintop.

"Is that mountain also part of the Lian family's property?"

Shaking her head, Lian Xue replied calmly, "The ancestral Lian residence only covers about an acre and three-tenths of land. That mountain is naturally nurtured by the earth, belonging to no one in particular."

Jiang Luo chuckled suddenly, "The Qi family's mountain retreat even encompasses the mountaintop."

Lian Xue sighed, "They care too much about such things."

Though small, the room had a fully-equipped kitchen. However, Lian House arranged for meals to be delivered on schedule, and while the facilities were excellent, there was no sign of an internet connection.

"Can we get online here?"

Lian Xue fell silent for a moment, a pained expression crossing her face, "No."

Jiang Luo took in a sharp breath, exchanging a bewildered look with Lian Xue.

Nodding gravely, Lian Xue confirmed, and this time Jiang Luo couldn't muster a smile, "Are we facing a month without the internet?"

"We have a television that can receive national channels at home. Besides that, you can read books," Lian Xue forced a smile, "We have plenty of books here."

Suddenly, Jiang Luo lost the earlier sense of leisure.

Yet, no matter how disheartening, no internet meant no internet. At night, as he settled into sleep, Jiang Luo picked an intriguing medical book from the numerous options, read a few pages, and swiftly entered a state of slumber.

From that day onward, Jiang Luo embarked on a monotonous life without internet.

Lian Xue took charge of keeping Jiang Luo's body clean. Each day, during the peak noon sunlight, Jiang Luo soaked in a wooden tub filled with water from the Celestial Blue Pool for an uninterrupted hour, thanks to Lian Xue's assistance. Each bath required Jiang Luo to be fully clothed, and daily, Lian Xue and her junior brother helped in the process, making Jiang Luo acquainted with the younger generation of the Lian family.

The water from the Celestial Blue Pool was said to ward off evil and cleanse impurities, maintaining purity of body and mind. The Lian family referred to it as sacred water. For someone like Jiang Luo, who needed purification, even the water for drinking came from the Celestial Blue Pool.

Every time Jiang Luo immersed himself, the once cloudy water of the Celestial Blue Pool gradually turned pure black. A large tub of water, under Jiang Luo's soaking, could only remain clear for a quarter of an hour. Lian Xue had to continually change the water, leaving her and her junior brother drenched in sweat after each bathing session.