Chapter 163

The LCD screen in the elevator vividly presented Wen Renlian's death process in front of Jiang Luo.

Wen Renlian could have chosen to clear the level, but he opted for death. Jiang Luo's facial expressions changed, an indescribable feeling washing over him.

The surveillance camera inside the elevator was focused on him, seemingly relishing the sudden change in the face of the black-haired youth. Even knowing that Chi You might be leisurely watching his expression from behind, Jiang Luo couldn't control his own expression.

Restless, exceptionally complicated.

Because Wen Renlian's death was different from the deaths of the three companions before him.

Yet, this was the result of Wen Renlian's active choice, and Jiang Luo couldn't oppose or prevent it. There must be a reason for Wen Renlian to do this, at least he died with a smile on his face.

But witnessing someone die in front of him, Jiang Luo couldn't suppress his discomfort.

Chi You is a demon, growing up in an environment full of malice, everything dark and painful he experienced pulled him into the abyss, immersed in a muddy swamp.

In this process, he understood the law of the jungle, and this dream vividly portrayed his insane mental world. People float and sink in the sea of suffering, becoming ugly in the struggle of human nature – all of this is familiar to Chi You.

Jiang Luo became increasingly aware of how dangerous this world is.

Especially for kind-hearted people.

Soon, the image of the second companion, Kuang Zheng, appeared on the LCD screen.

Perhaps with Wen Renlian's death as a prelude, Jiang Luo quickly calmed down, focusing on every move Kuang Zheng made.

Like Wen Renlian, Kuang Zheng also entered the dream within a dream.

However, unlike Wen Renlian, Kuang Zheng's dream within a dream was warm and harmonious.

A small room separated by curtains into several spaces. Jiang Luo knew that Kuang Zheng had a younger sister, but for the first time, he learned that Kuang Zheng's father was also disabled.

On the bed, a middle-aged man with a thin figure had his left leg broken at the root, and the muscles of his right leg had atrophied. He was struggling to roll off the bed, while Kuang Zheng's sister, with a flushed face, was helping her dad. In the doorway, separated by a curtain, Kuang Zheng's mother was peacefully cooking with a gentle expression.

Returning from the restroom, leaning on a cane with sweat on his forehead, Kuang Fu stood behind his wife for a while. Despite the weathered look on his face, he appeared positive and relaxed, smiling, "Made sweet pancakes this morning? Smells delicious."

Mrs. Kuang smiled, "Your daughter kept staring at the cake shop yesterday, almost drooling. I thought of buying her a cake, but she refused. After I came back, I decided to make her some sweet pancakes. It's all made with sweet flour anyway. The taste should be similar."

Turning to his daughter beside him, Mr. Kuang gently touched her head, "Longing for cake from afar? At the end of this month, let your brother take you to buy one."

The younger sister stared at the pancakes in the pot, swallowed saliva, her voice tender but sensible, "Not longing for cake from afar, longing for sweet pancakes."

Mr. and Mrs. Kuang exchanged a glance, smiling at each other.

Although this house was dilapidated and small, the Kuang family kept it meticulously clean. The window was open, morning light pouring in, and on the windowsill were several blossoming wildflowers with clear water droplets on them. Serving as window curtains were bell ropes knitted by the younger sister.